Not A Valid Award Booking?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by merice107, Jul 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was interested to see if I could use Avios to fly from Paris to Dubai.

Looking in April of 2014 I saw that I could fly form Paris Orly to London Heathrow on BA and then London to Dubai on a Qantas a380. However, when I went to click this it said:
    Error:
    Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center.

Is this not a valid routing? It lets me do it if both flights are on BA or Royal Jordanian.

2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't immediately see why that would not be valid, if it's a legal connection.

Avios pricing is per sector, so it should be the same total number of Avios if you book ORY-LHR in one booking and LHR-DXB in another.

If the website won't book the whole trip at once, and you must fly it on one ticket rather than two, then you should phone to book it.

merice107 likes this.
  3. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    That happened to me before.just give it a couple of days maybe they'll fix it but if not just give them a call.I told them the situation and got the telephone fee waived.

merice107 likes this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I would not give it a couple of days, award space may disappear, I would call to get the award issued.

merice107 likes this.