Norwegian EB-members - win 40.000 EB-points

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Christian Hansen Kamhaug, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Christian Hansen Kamhaug
    Original Member

Christian Hansen Kamhaug Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hei!
    We're running a campiagn around the "Take care of your time" theme on www.flymedsas.no where EB-members in Norway can win 40.000 EB-points (sorry, don't know off the top of my head if it's basic- or extra-points, but I'm guessing the latter :) ). Check it out

2. joemume
    Original Member

joemume Silver Member

Status Points:
    Christian, is the competition open for norwegians only? If so, do you plan a similar contest for Sweden and Denmark?

OY-JFS likes this.
  3. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:
    A bit OT but... Welcome Christian!
    Incase anybody didn't know, Christian is head of the social media department at SAS. Great to have you among us CK!

TuomasEBG likes this.
  4. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome Christian! :)

5. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hei Christian

Nice to see you here and nice campaign!

I guess it's only fair that this competition is for Norwegians only, considering they cannot earn domestic miles, but I nevertheless hope it will also open up for the remaining Scandinavia at some point :)

6. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Robbiedeluxe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I'm just stupid, but what is the campaign all about? :)

7. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    My interpretation is: this goes to show how SAS will make your journey as smooth as seamless as possible, mimimizing time spent at the airport (like check-in) and getting you to your destination on time (SAS have great on-time stats). So as a consequence you can spend the time saved on what your prefer to do, i.e. not travel.

8. NordicLane
    Original Member

NordicLane Active Member

Status Points:
    SAS published the results from one of the questions in an ad in Aftenposten (Norwegian largest daily) today.
    In my opinion, just one of many marketing actions to ad "soft values" instead of price, price and price...

9. Christian Hansen Kamhaug
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys - thanks for the nice welcome.
    Yes, this campaign is run in Norway only, and I don't know if the marketing-guys in Sweden or Denmark will use the same format. Even though SAS has re-centralized a lot, there are still local campaigns and local initiatives. Sweden's running this film now - www.sas.se/tidtillsalu (in English www.flysas.com/timeforsale) so we're all doing different stuff, based on the different needs of the different markets.

BTW - how do I get the little SAS-logo that SirRagnar's got on the right there?

10. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

BGO-commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just answered the quiz, and waiting eagerly for my rightly earned 40k to post. Even though I love long queues and waiting for delayed flights, I think I managed to fake the expected answers this time :)
    One small comment to CK: The entry doesn't allow the EBP prefix.

11. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:

In your settings panel there is a signature tab, in the textfield you need to put in a html img tag and the adress of the picture you want to use, or create one using the little 'tree-picture' button in the textedit above the textfield.
    I assume you want to use an SK logo, http://www.metro.lu/images/logo_new/sas logo.jpg is a good sized one (MP wont resize it, sp pick a tiny one), though it would be better if you upload one yourself to ex flickr, just to make sure it's not taken offline in the future :)

12. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Christian: Since you are here and since I am curious.. :) Who won the competition for 1 mill. EB points, the campaign you had in Bergen?

Xxx.

13. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    A pitty that SAS lauched this punctuality campaign now. SAS lost to Norwegian in March on domestic flights and at OSL SAS ended only on 16th place in March (Icelandair was the most punctual).

14. Christian Hansen Kamhaug
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, there' a debate about the "other airline's" claim to be most punctual, and a punctuality of 84% is not really worth tooting your horn for is it? In their press-release they clam that they've worked hard to get better at punctuality, and they manage to increase their punctuality på 0,2 percentage points in one year?
    I won't say they're good, just that we failed this month - but we'll ba back!

15. Christian Hansen Kamhaug
    Original Member

Status Points:
    NordicLane likes this.
  16. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't say Norwegian was so much better (only on 14th spot at OSL), but the thing is that SAS isn't a punctual carrier in March. To make it even worse, 1.7 % of the planned SAS departures from OSL in March didn't fly at all. Translated in to passengers, that's over 10,000 only in March, unhappy passengers (included BGO-commuter).

17. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

BGO-commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very true.. This winter has been bumpy from time to time, and I really hope that SAS has plans to reduce the vulnerabilities in their fleet/crew allocation.

Regarding on time statistics, I only measure one thing - how fast I can get to work/home. After SAS started focusing on punctuality, i generally always catch one or two earlier Airport Express Train departures than normal. How to measure and report this has been discussed for years now, but at least I know for sure that SAS is much better than before.

18. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Christian

I made a small tutorial about that: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/newbie-guide-how-do-i-use-this-forum.926/#post-9635

1. Go to your Signature page http://milepoint.com/forums/account/signature
    2. Click the icon with the image of a tree (insert/edit image)
    3. Insert the url to where your picture is located
    4. Click insert and save
    5. Voila, you have a picture as signature.

The same procedure can be followed in the forum (from point 2 and onwards)

The picture must be located on the internet somewhere and cannot be uploaded. Use imageshack or similar.

19. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice to see a journalist that actually investigates the stories. They could learn something about that in Denmark!

20. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Over the years, I think SAS has been the most punctual airline and I would like to see it take that spot once again. I don't care much for Norwegian, their business model is good but their prices are as high, if not higher, than most major airlines when you want to travel abroad last minute. Flying within Norway, the only airline that can fly me around is Widerøe, Norwegian doesn't cover most of the airports I fly to.

I wouldn't want to pay 2800 kr to get me to Milan and back in the next 10 days with Norwegian when I can get that same trip done for 1400 kr on KLM. Not a fan of KLM, but not a big fan of Norwegian either. As far as my pocket goes, I think I would go with KLM. Again, this might be different for the fellow passengers flying out of OSL. We don't all do that!

21. Silferlood
    Original Member

Silferlood Silver Member

Status Points:
    So Christian, the competition is for norwegian members - do they get basic points or is it extra ;)?