Nordstrom's Triple Miles

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by bhoy, Feb 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bhoy

bhoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I searched and didn't see a topic on this yet, so apologies if I just missed it.

There has been a lot of speculation of BA/Nordstrom's pulling their 36 Miles/$1 triple points offer that ran a couple weeks ago. My points have now gone from Pending to Approved. Looks like this deal is going to go through without any hassles.

Hope all you that are still collecting Avios were able to get in on the deal

duxflyer and druiddation like this.
  2. progapanda

progapanda Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ditto, for purchases made 02/04, the status of all pending points has changed to "Approved" in the BA e-Store. All 36x of them. Great promo, this. :)

LAX-OGG, here I come.

druiddation likes this.
  3. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    my purchases were on 2/07 - they are still listed as pending, but this is good news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

YULtide likes this.
  4. duxflyer

duxflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been checking my BA account every day. Finally my triple points showed up this morning. I was worried for a moment given the fact that the site pulled the promotion prematurely. It looks like their turnaround time is 2 weeks.
    I wish Nordstrom would run this promo on AAdvantage eShopping site J

katstarr likes this.
  5. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its like watching paint dry!

duxflyer and YULtide like this.
  6. ShrinkTheGlobe

ShrinkTheGlobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    My payment status has gone from Pending to Approved but they have not yet gone into my Avios account.

7. bhoy

bhoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    My points were paid out yesterday. The only problem is I only got one bonus avios. Luckily I took screen caps and will wait for their 40 days from initial purchase and put in the the other 12/$1 bonus that didn't post. So only 24/$1 at the moment. Over 30k Avios, in the end almost 45k, for things I had planned on buying anyway. Thank you Nordstrom!

I agree, would be great if more offer like this were offered in other programs. It would allow me to build up my accounts quicker.

duxflyer likes this.
  8. progapanda

progapanda Silver Member

Status Points:
    Exactly 2 weeks from purchase, all my 36x Avios posted correctly to my BA account today. :cool:

9. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine have posted to my BA account

10. ShrinkTheGlobe

ShrinkTheGlobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I just had to wait a little bit. The points posted to my account today.

11. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    still pending. &^&^%$#$#$# agh.

YULtide likes this.
  12. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    still pending....... (I'm getting a little OCD checking the website....)

YULtide likes this.
  13. bhoy

bhoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    BA is now trying to deny me the second Bonus Avios awards. The initial 12/$1 and one award of 12/$1 have been paid out. When I requested the missing miles, they are now trying to say it was only valid if it was my first BA eStore purchase, not my first BA eStore Nordstrom's purchase. I have had two emails denying me the miles. I have just sent a screen cap of the promo stating first BA eStore purchase of $50 or more in a single transaction AT NORDSTROM's. I will update if they still deny me the second posting of bonus miles.

14. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Approved in the store but not posted yet but at least something is happening. I loved this promo but I was scared to buy more because I didn't want to get burned. Just think if they had done this with Wal Mart or Target. It could have bankrupted BA.

15. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few days ago, I went from pending to approved, and a few days later it posted. Today, I returned a few of the items to Nordstrom Rack. I asked for a gift card instead of a credit to my charge card, and they did that without blinking.

I wish I'd bought more than $300 worth of goods, but even that felt like a lot at the time.

thanks everyone.

YULtide likes this.
  16. bhoy

bhoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally!! After my 4th email with BA regarding the second set of bonus miles not posting, they made a Customer Service adjustment to my account that is now pending. Crossing my fingers that they will be paid out smoothly. Just an example of why to always take screenshots of any deal you are participating in. The screenshot is what got me my extra miles.

17. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    They'll probably take your miles away even when you "exchanged" for gift cards.

18. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's of course a risk that my moral code may be hopelessly old fashioned, but is taking advantage of this offer and then returning the goods for a refund the moral equivalent of theft?

19. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its still there. thanks for the support.

YULtide likes this.
  20. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    nothing I did resembles anything close to theft or anything even borderline immoral. thanks for the support as well.

YULtide likes this.
  21. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, that is good news. There are precious few people whose moral compass still functions. Sadly so many allow it to become deranged by greed.

What will you be doing with the gift cards you received in exchange?

Toula and Globaliser like this.
  22. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah stop ruining stuff like this by abusing it and returning items, etc.

For me I've been waiting for a month for the miles to post from my Norstroms $400+ purchase. The shopping portal showed pending forever and not just went over to "declined" for NO reason. I submitted a form to them. Too much work. This was a test for them to see if this was an easy way to earn Avios and shift some of my future flying to BA. I'm having major second thoughts on that down the road.
    Purchase Report
    Order date
    Store
    Purchase amount
    Payment status[​IMG]
    Earned Avios

02/08/2012
    Bonus Avios
    $0.00
    Declined

02/08/2012
    Nordstrom
    $139.90
    Declined

02/08/2012
    Nordstrom
    $8.90
    Declined

02/08/2012
    Nordstrom
    $20.00
    Declined

02/08/2012
    Nordstrom
    $92.00
    Declined

02/08/2012
    Nordstrom
    $130.00
    Declined

02/08/2012
    Nordstrom
    $24.00
    Declined

02/08/2012
    Nordstrom Bonus Avios
    $0.00
    Declined

23. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure that a shopping portal's delivery of frequent flyer miles to a particular airline's scheme is an excellent indicator of whether that airline's route network, service levels and pricing methodology suit the shopper's preferences when it comes to paying hard cash for air tickets.

:rolleyes:

The Saint and daninstl like this.
  24. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting... the cynical stategy of belittling and intimidation of the Chase card (and other BA award users in general) having proved quite successful in drving "those undesirables" away ...its clearly now the turn of the Nordstrom crowd.:)

Remember the motto "BA board for Brits only":rolleyes:

25. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a charmingly OTT post. Share with us, newbluesea, do you think that purchasing items from Nordstrom, collecting the Avios, then refunding the items in the hope of keeping the Avios is an acceptable way to behave?

That was the single issue I raised. I am nothing but thrilled for all genuine Nordstrom customers who will take advantage of this offer to boost their Avios balance. Best of wishes to them. Of course, I shall be less than tickled if 3 months hence we have an influx of these punters whingeing about award availability or the high taxes and fees with the refrain "Where's my free flight?" But I shall try to be stoic.

Toula and Globaliser like this.