No UA status, found link for 55k Explorer or 1yr no fee Club Chase cards

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by jaw_24, Jul 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know this has been thrown around a few times on blogs, but wanted to share my experience for getting a live link to the 50+5k (for adding an additional cardholder) Chase MP Explorer or no annual fee (first year) Chase MP Club cards. From what I've read, the free first year offers are not publicly available unless you find a code or possibly have status with UA, but I have no status right now and haven't even flown a paid flight this year.

The key for me was to ensure that I was logged in by actually entering my MP password on united.com. Typically the home page will open showing me as logged in, and I would even get a banner ad for the 50k Explorer card, but when clicked, it would only show the 30k offer. To ensure that I am actually logged in, I go to view one of my current reservations, which forces login with password.

At the bottom of an existing reservation, I found this banner to be the easiest way after logging in.
    United Airlines   View Current Reservation.png

This brings me to the card landing page where I am presented with the 50+5k Explorer offer:
    Chase United MileagePlus  Explorer Card.png (Not shown is the 5k bonus for additional cardholder, listed lower on the page).

And for the Club card offer, just click the tab at the top of this page...
    Chase United MileagePlus  Club Card.png

Anyway, thought I'd document this process in case it is helpful for someone else. Is this process repeatable for anyone?

canucklehead, rockyrock and iolaire like this.
  2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the same and I'm a UA MM. My offer link was at the overview of my account page. No offer for my wife who is also a UA MM but she has the MP Club card.

3. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:

Oddly, I also have the banner for the 50k Explorer on my account page, but it always takes me to the 30k offer when clicked *unless* I have actually signed in with password in the same session.

4. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    So do the Chase United Explorer cards earn you PQM??

5. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No.