No UA flight promos?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Mrs. Fredd, Mar 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mrs. Fredd
    Original Member

Mrs. Fredd Silver Member

Status Points:
    ....or they all targeted now, and we fly so much that we never get an offer.

piqaro likes this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't seen one yet. My guess is that if there will be any, it will probably be a DEQM at the end of the year for elite members to "thank them for their continued loyalty during this period of transition" or something like that. I'm sure that the merger is creating too many complications right now for them to be able to predict accurately what benefit a a promotion might have, so they're just going to power through and clean up any mess at the end.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope not. Dont need any more 1K lites. I'm earning 1K the hard way

Skyvillager likes this.
  4. Mrs. Fredd
    Original Member

Mrs. Fredd Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking of the bonus miles for certain flights, like they have done for many years. I already have my 100,000 miles for this year booked and paid for, or flown.

5. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would love to see some bonus miles. There used to be plenty of offers, but lately there's nothing. I remember the DYMTWTU

Skyvillager likes this.
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My reasoning is the same. They must still be learning to integrate their routes and data to figure out which ones need promotions vs. fare discounts. They also have to decide which carrier's strategy they will adopt after determining which routes need help (it took them 6 months from Day 1 just to decide to keep E+). There are enough expenses associated with the merger that they probably don't want to spend money on promotions right now unless it is painfully obvious.

7. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You wish, and so do I. [​IMG] Last year I was 1K for the first time. Plenty of award availability. This year, as Premier Exec, I'm finding award availabilty NYC/PDX at the saver rate just about dried up.

SC Flier likes this.
  8. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unless some promos show up soon UA/CO will lose me this year. I just booked 10k miles on DL/KLM and with the other flights I have planned it makes more sense to stay with DL and get rid of the "in exile" part of my status (i.e., regain the status I lost thanks to company decisions). It's not an easy decision as UA/CO gives me non-stop options out of DEN that are 1-stop for DL. However, I guess that is good for my mileage balance [​IMG].

9. I happen to notice this last night. While many airlines are going a bit crazy with contests and promotions, all I could see was the video contest for 3 perfect days

10. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only promotion (other than 3 perfect days) that I've seen this year was the fly 3 times- get 15,000 miles (if you complete 3 trips by Jan), 10,000 for February, 5,000 by March. I'll look for the link. I guess there is still time to get in on it. Not sure if it works retroactively, as I think I signed up after my first trip this year. We'll see I guess...

11. steelgal32
    Original Member

steelgal32 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have received zero promotions in 2011, however, I manage my dad's account and he does not even have UA status and I receive an offer at least every two weeks for him. There seems to be something awry.

YULtide likes this.
  12. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That sounds right. The point of promotions are to encourage people to fly. Since your dad has no status, he really needs extra encouragement via promos ;)