No thread for Aegean Airlines...?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by LN-FHU, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    Shouldn't there be any thread for Aegean Airlines Miles & Bonus-program ?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    A thread or a forum? Probably no need for a dedicated forum as I'm betting the volume of traffic will be low.

That said, I can offer two nifty tools related to A3 that should come in handy when trying to build status on them or when trying to redeem on their metal.

For redemptions check out this link: http://www.wandr.me/Reward_Search/Aegean_Airlines_Reward_Availability.aspx. It can search for C or Y seats based on the data that A3 publishes into the GDSes.

For earning check out this link: http://www.wandr.me/Tools/Advanced_Trip_Calculator.aspx. It has all the rules as listed on their site and calculates class of service and status-based bonuses correctly, plus or minus a couple miles resulting from the variances between actual credit and Great Circle distances.

sniklec and GBM like this.
  3. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    We flew A3 last fall ATH>FCO in Business. They have that middle seat flipped down thing, however the seat was much more comfortable with lots more legroom than LH. The food/service was excellent. I would choose A3 over LH upfront any time I have a choice in the EU!

4. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick question about Aegean, will be flying with them for the first time soon. They said at the time of booking that we would receive meals for our relatively short flights. One was a "breakfast," but the other was just "meal (not specified)." I'm wondering what we should expect to be served, anyone have any experience to share?

5. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any idea how long status is good for on A3?

7. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    The A3 original *A elite cards were undated and members were finding anywhere between 18 months and over 3 years. Now I believe they have an expiry date toward the end of the year after you qualify, but this too may have changed.

8. UKFlyer

UKFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew my first sector crediting *A miles to A3, LHR-NRT-LHR. First sector credited after 3 days and *S Following the return now require 7K miles for *G........Long haul soon.

9. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a fantastic tool! I've been looking forever to see if United MP would be a good replacement for DC.
    well done!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  10. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a great site. Was wondering, with UA and CO doing so very many codeshares now, will a UA ticket on CO metal (say in first) earn 300% as a UA ticket or 125% as a CO codeshare?

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  11. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ones we got in for silver status (A3 blue) qualifies 01/11 valid till 12/13

Skyvillager likes this.
  12. Britinva
    Original Member

Britinva Active Member

Status Points:
    I just got my Aegean Gold Card in the mail (even though I qualified in December last year). It has my membership expiring 12/2014! How great is that. I'm quite thrilled at the long gold status it's given me.

13. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only thing I worry is just cause the card says till 12/2014, will the system show it that long?

Skyvillager likes this.
  14. Britinva
    Original Member

Britinva Active Member

Status Points:
    Since I only plan to use it to access lounges domestically I'm not too worried about that. I'll continue to use my United account for most things as I value my SWU more than anything!

15. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The credit is always based on the operating carrier's code. If you are on CO metal you'll earn on A3 based on the fare code that CO assigns to the segment, regardless of the booking code from the marketing carrier.

16. I've just qualified to A3 Gold, can't wait to get my card. As far as I understand, it will be valid until Dec/2014, which is just awesome.

Hopefully we will have an A3 forum in the near future :p

17. LXofSweden
    Original Member

LXofSweden Silver Member

Status Points:
    Miles & Bonus redemption description simply states that an international OW / RT costs 11,000 / 22,000 miles respectively for an award trip in economy. Does this include the route ATH-EWR?

18. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm at DEN for a UA flight to LGA right now. This is going to be my first Aegean accrual flight The UA f ticket counter agent wasn't so sure Aegean was valid for miles - I assured him they were *a - he gave me a "haven't heard of them" but entered the ff number - which appears on my BP.

After this one 3.5 hour flight, I'll be more 25% of the way to *A gold. Assuming I make it, this will give me top status on all alliances!

19. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    whats going on with their crediting?
    A friend of mine flew 2 weeks ago LH,LO,AC and hasn't received any credit for any of the 6 flights he took.

20. Suliman
    Original Member

Suliman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had the same problem! Six flights on US Air -- only two showed up. One flight on SAA -- it hasn't shown up either. All of these are months ago.

21. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They just posted...2 weeks after submitting missing miles claim

22. sniklec
    Original Member

sniklec Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is a useful tool, but I think it's out of date wrt to earning on TK.