No Status Business Lounge Access

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Jul 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    From reading the ST website, unless I'm missing something, it seems like someone in paid J could choose any of the ST lounge options at a departure airport, not necessarily the "chosen" one of the airline. True? (Contrary to my OW non-status flights, where I'm relegated to the airline's lounge of choice.)

uggboy likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    That seems to be the rule for airline operated lounges. If the carrier picks a contract lounge, you can't pick a partner's contract lounge instead. However, I suspect that most travelers aren't aware that they can use partner lounges, even with elite status. When I've done this at NRT, the dragons acted like it was usual, but let me check out the KE and AF lounges; AF was even nice.

*A is closer to the SkyTeam system. When I flew on SQ without status, I used and preferred their suggested ANA lounge at NRT but I also tried the UA lounge. In fact, when LH lounges are involved, it's an advantage to be able to avoid their lower tier lounges for those without status, such as the business class lounge, which is worse that SEN which *Golds get.

uggboy likes this.
  3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    At SFO, if you have experience, is the AF or DL (A pier) lounge better?

uggboy likes this.