No Standard Award Rooms for Months at a Time (Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona)

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by PedroNY, Aug 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a dilemma here, I been trying to get a room at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona (Category 7) for four nights in May, 2013. They do not have any standard room available from April 1st, 2013 and on, so cheapest room is 150,000+ points/night. I have hard time believing that they are all booked for standard rooms from April - July of 2013. I been checking on and off for a couple of months, hoping they would load more inventory, but so far nothing showed up. Has anyone encountered this before? For this specific hotel? other Hilton locations? It used to be that Diamond Desk would book a room, regardless, but they are to no avail right now.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

PedroNY

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It seems like they are playing games with availability. There are no standard rooms available from the first of April until the end of the year. Not very reasonable. This same thing happened with Bora Bora and Moorea about a year ago. They finally fixed the issue. Here is a link to that thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hhonors/1269170-no-rooms-available-over-1-year.html

Suggest you write to HHonors Representative here on MP or on FT and explain the situation. You could also investigate to find the address of Mr. Nassetta (CEO or Hilton Worldwide) and send a note directly to him. Forget the format of the Hilton emails but his name is Christopher J. Nassetta so I am sure you can find his email.

Good luck

PedroNY likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having been able to book this hotel quite easily in the past I would suggest you wait a bit longer before going off the deep end. That said Barcelona has had and continues to have a number very large conventions in the late spring for some years now and as I very well recall this topic came up...well last year ...about this very same hotel.

That said there seems to be good availibilty at 34K points per night at the more central Hilton Barcelona but by all appearances you did not seem to have checked or considered that property.???

Despite the now quite repetitive they are playing games refrain I rather suspect you will be able to get your dates with a little patience.

I must however comment on your statement that the Diamond desk "would book a room".
    That in fact is quite far from the truth... the Diamond desk used to be able to make a special request of the hotel in question and the hotel in turn had the option to accept or refuse the offer.
    The offer in most but not all instances would be accepted by the hotel and you would be notified at some later date of the availibilty.

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Soooooo wouldnt it have been nice if the OP had come back and told us that he may just have gotten his desired dates ( despite the reported "games" :) ) for awards at this property.

I just punched in Apr 1, May 1, (nothing available for June 1) and July 1 each for four succesive nights and found the standard 50k/night were easily available... amazing isnt it?:)

Mikus33 likes this.