No Same-Day Change on Domestic Segments of International Tickets?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by zpaul, Oct 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    A bit disappointed to discover that I can't use my newly-minted EXP status to change my domestic flights since they're connected to international segments. All of the flights around my domestic connection show wide-open upgrade availability (A5 or more), with mine being the only A0 of them all. I don't see anything about this on the website (except, of course, the very non-specific "available on eligible routes" verbiage). Is this truly the case - that the Same Day Change benefit doesn't apply when on an itinerary with international flights - or would it be better to HUCA? She seemed pretty adamant that this is the way it is...

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they were wrong to say none and HUCA can't hurt but this indicates it's still pretty limited internationally. Ref here:

Skye1 and zpaul like this.
  3. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had agents tell me I might have been able to change to an earlier evening flight when my red eye transcon was scheduled for the middle of the night, if there had been room on the earlier flight (so,perhaps that's one scenario where it may work).

zpaul likes this.