No recognition of aa mm status?

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by joesmoe, Jan 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

So this is my 12 th LAN flight this month. This one I paid cash for, no avois nor ba availability with awards.

Of the 12 flights this is 11th that was late departing, and I don't mean 5 minutes.

Economy is nearly completely full and biz is nearly empty, yet I couldn't use money nor miles to upgrade.

Does LAN not recognize aa million miler status at all?

How is this airline still in business?
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

I think LAN is supposed to recognize your status within the One World Alliance..... not sure the MM status makes a difference for LAN.
    zpaul likes this.
  3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Which LAN are you flying? LA, L4, LP, LX? While they're all known by LAN, they all have some different stats for on-time departures.

LAN doesn't recognize MM status, but it recognizes the associated OW tier status (Ruby or Sapphire). Regardless of status, I am surprised that you couldn't pay for an upgrade.

Remember that miles/kilometers for upgrades are only valid on the airline on which you earn them (except with the new AA/BA/IB agreement), as are upgrade coupons and complimentary upgrades. I cannot use my AA miles for upgrades on LAN and vice-versa.

Also, keep in mind that Ruby status (if that's what you have via MM) does not give you access to pre-selection of seats, access to preferred seats (though my experience is that nothing gets you that unless you're LANPASS) or preferred boarding on LAN.