No RA referal if you didn't "earn" your own RA status?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by montacute, Jun 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a RA, becoming one using another RA's referral certificate. I did not receive my own RA referal certificate so I called IHG to ask for it. After talking to two supervisors, they told me I am not supposed to have one because I didn't "earn" my RA status by stays, but was just referred. If this is true, when did it change? I know referred RAs used to always get their own referral certificates too.

GoodBoy likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It has always been the way that it's SUPPOSED TO work.

Back around 2007 referred RAs stopped getting referral certificates.

Then they started getting them again. And probably a year ago they stopped again?

But it's not always been 100% consistent either way. Referred RA = not supposed to get a referral certificate, but that doesn't mean they won't because fulfillment isn't always done right...

GoodBoy likes this.
  3. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Gary. Looks like I got unlucky not getting one. Oh well.

GoodBoy likes this.
  4. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    You didn't get unlucky.....you would have been "lucky" to receive one as they haven't been sent for some time. As the same post says on flyertalk, if referred RA's were to receive them......everyone would eventually become an RA.

Referrals were never really supposed to get them..... otherwise I would quit my job and sell these on ebay, having the kits mailed to my house and then onto the person who bought it after I grabbed the new referral certificate.

Oh well, RA is still fun at some IC's

5. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bitter much astraveln? The past 3 times I was a referred RA I got an RA referral cert. I would call not getting one this time unlucky. Your information that "they haven' t been sent for some time" is wrong. The change had to happen some time this year.

Anyway I'm pleased for you that you live in such a low cost area that selling a referral cert would allow you to quit your job.

6. I have given the referral I get the last 3 years to a friend of mine and he has never received a referral in his package.

7. silencer

silencer Active Member

Status Points:
    If you can get a cert by being a referred RA, then everybody can buy a cert to become RA and then get a new cert and sell it. No cost.