No proof for the offer

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by michael21, Sep 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for 2x50k Hilton cards but there was nothing on the screen that indicated as such and now only 40k posted...Is there anything I can do?

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would nice if you were more specific .. what two 50K Hilton cards ??
    In any event surely if you applied for a card that states you will get 50k whether bonuses etc etc you must have at least printed and kept a copy of the offer ...did you not?:)

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mean you did the two broswer Citi Trick?

4. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes and nothing on the site said it was 50k but when I wife got those same 2 cards her offer was 50k

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well first off; hopefully you cleared your broswers first before you did it after her.

2ndly since this is sort of like a mistake/trick; there was no guarentee that you would get the 50k; the fallback was if you didnt get the 50, you'd get the 40k.

Did you confirm the sign on bonus when you activated the cards?

6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why dont you call Amex and tell what you did and hope they are stupid enough to give the two bonuses.?

Really now does anyone not think its just a matter of time before this loop-hole is closed?

7. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well the results are in! Oddly enough after doing the 2 card trick, one card posted 40,000 and the other 50,000..good enough for me.

edekba likes this.
  8. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the two browser trick? I'm always on the hunt for more points.

9. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Citi bank computers are not smart enough to know that there are two applications coming in at the same time and approve them both. You fill out all the details on two different browsers and hit the submit button almost at the same time. Therefore you can get two cards (of the same flavor) at the same time.

10. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's brilliant. Wonder what the ding is to the credit report opening two new accounts.

11. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    same as 1.

12. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let me get this right ..you think opening two cards say each with a credit line of 25K the effect on your credit is the same as opening one? how about if you open four or ten?:)

13. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well its 1 hard pull so yeah. So that is the ding ...

If you get 2x25 then you would get a huge in crease in Avail CL so I guess the ding would be negated?

Mikus33 likes this.
  14. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the long run (and we all are here for the long run - right?) the inquiries on the credit report are negligible, assuming you actually get the credit cards and have increase in the credit line. In the end it is either has no effect or increase your credit score (as long as you do it the right way - never carry a balance, pay in full, don't be too greedy with applications).

Mikus33 likes this.
  15. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    How does carrying a balance hurt your score. ( not talking about using 50%+ of credit limit).

I tend to carry balances when I get 0% apr offers. Rather use cash for something else

16. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It goes back to utilization which is a criteria that is used to calc your credit score. If your util is more than x% (some say 10%) then it will ding All secretive by the FiCO mafia.

17. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I carried a big one my 0% apr once and it did ding a few points because it pushed it up to almost 20%. This was years ago to buy an engagement ring. Didn't feel like paying it all at once.

18. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another factor that impacts your credit score is the average age of accounts, particularly revolving. If you open up several new accounts, it decreases the overall average age. Of course i don't know how much that's weighted in calculating the total credit score.