No More Upgrades From Premium Economy Class to Business Class on Air France?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Canarsie, Sep 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those of you who are Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion Delta Air Lines SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program members and use systemwide upgrades to upgrade from international premium economy W class to business class on Air France flights, it appears as though this will no longer be the case, according to reports from FlyerTalk.

I attempt not to duplicate content posted on FlyerTalk here at milepoint.com, but I thought that you might want to be aware of this apparent new policy...

ryandc99 likes this.
  2. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is [​IMG] BEST IN CLASS[​IMG]

EOS rapidly approaching.

Why on earth anyone believed anything DL said the last few years is astonishing to me.

635k from PHL to FCO. Not all of which was in J.... well now, not ANY of it will be in J!

Can any DL apologists now find a rationalization for a. this action and b. the customary "advance notice"?

DL has already computed that SM is valueless in generating custom. You'll either fly DL, or you won't. SM have nothing to do with it - if you expect them to, your mistake.

3. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Say that this is not so. Please

ballardFlyer likes this.
  4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just about to pull the trigger on 2x W fares to eat up some SWUs. Ugly.

5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    This makes whatever value the SWU's had to go down signifcantly!!

6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    One more reason to credit everything to AS. No SWU's, but you get what you pay for in miles. Easy-peasy, comparatively.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint