No more toolbars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by chef4u, Jan 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, got an email from AA and UA telling me that as of next week, their shopping toolbars will no longer earn miles based on searches. Any more info or updates would be appreciated

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    US Air is gone also. The Hawaiian Airlines tool bar may still be working. I got smacked down after doing a search of all of the 50 states and their capitols. On Hawaiian you cannot repeat a search and it will tell when a search is not valid.

3. sc9457

sc9457 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kind of a bummer. I used the search to look up hotels all of the time and would generally max out the monthly miles earned with legit searches. Oh well!

4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did the same...now need an easy way to get miles for UA and AA to keep my accounts active.

5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    At Delta to the list, but you can still get points by buying things via their website -- it just means making a few (lot) more clicks, but means you don't have to worry about whether the add in works.

DTWBOB

7. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had this odd issue at home where loading the aircanada.com web site would hang the browser for 5-10 seconds but never noticed it at work. Oddly enough after uninstalling the US Airways toolbar the lag is now gone.