No more Standby or Upgrade list on line?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Art234, Jan 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Now I know on the transcons the odds of getting an upgrade as a mere platinum are bill, but I noticed that they are not showing the standby or upgrade list any more on the web site or the app, even close to departure. Another "enhancement" I'd guess or is it a side effect of the recent change to Aadvantage programming?

2. hillcountryfare

hillcountryfare Active Member

Status Points:
    The upgrade list was showing for AA 2251 (BOS-DFW) yesterday on both my iPhone and iPad. I didn't check on the website.

3. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can see it from my flight right now.

4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's possible the app is being buggy. Today it showed I had no scheduled flights :eek:, but my account on the website shows my upcoming trips.

flyforawg likes this.
  5. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Showed up on the app only after my upgrade cleared. Strange..the surprise is I got the upgrade.

MSYgirl likes this.
  6. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    This makes me glad i made the extra push to re-qualify EXP last year. Both upgrades for the next trip to DCA have already come through.

MSYgirl likes this.
  7. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Upgrade counters have also reappeared on accounts on AA.com, although numbers may be inaccurate. Mine are wonky but AA says they're fine, so another phone call to another department is needed tomorrow.

I posted the number in the AA chat thread in case you need to get yours corrected. Post is here to save you from hunting and clicking. :D

8. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where on the website (or the app) does one find the upgrade/standby list and how early does it appear?

9. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it only shows up about 4 hours out from flight time. For the iPhone app, the link is a yellowish bar that shows up on the detail screen of the particular flight.

flyforawg likes this.
  10. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, must be similar to the UA app that shows this information too. Waiting on an LAX-JFK (767) upgrade for tomorrow (Thursday) night. Flight still showing J6 and 11 open on the seating chart. Part of the last of three segments I've used an eVIP to upgrade, so was put on the wait list months ago after a sked change that took me off my original A321 flight. Oh well, get to try the new plane during the slack summer months.

11. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was booked on BOS-DFW earlier today and when I checked the Android app in the AC found that I wasn't on the upgrade list at all. There had been a lot of work done on my booking including at least three different weather reroutes on Saturday to Boston, so somewhere along the way I just fell off the list. Was placed back on it at the Boston AC and was #3, but that didn't help with only 2 open seats. Could have improved my odds if I hadn't upgraded friends on the same flight with my last two systemwides expiring end of this month.

The connecting flight DFW-SMF cleared a day out.