No more old style Business Seat to Europe (hopefully)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by cvarming, Nov 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have some tickets going over Europe from IAD in business class, so I have been watching the three old style birds: N768UA, N772UA, N779UA, and it seems that they are all heading out west this week. Could this be the last of the old style business class seats to Europe (at least on 777)?

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It really depends since they rotate the fleet quite a bit at United.

3. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Boy, I sure hope so.
    I know 2 of those birds are going to be used for Hawaii this winter (IAH-HNL and SFO-HNL), but have no idea where the third is going. In fact, I didn't realize there was only 3 left that haven't been redone.

4. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they should be sent for lie flat mods, or is UA rethinking whether they want Global First in them?

sobore likes this.
  5. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was promised that those birds woul fly any long haul route that I personally travel for the next 6 months. :-p

6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the comparison between GF and UA C? Is it all that different? I heard GF was comparable to a business class product.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The last 3 in old international config are going to become part of the Hawaii fleet of 9 772/77As. Once the p.s. retrofit begins the old p.s. C seats will be taken out of the 752s and eventually put in to the 777s. But until they get the p.s. conversion started (and I think they finally have one in the shop for that) they won't have the "new" seats for the 777s so those are just flying as is.

8. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got it. Then hope they do mainly domestic or Hawaii flying, and aren't sold as international C-class any longer.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are going to be committed to the Islands. One will head on to GUM and then to NRT like today, but that should be the only international service they see.

Seacarl and cvarming like this.