No more MR advance option?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by choumore, Jun 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I checked in my MR account today and noticed that the points advance option is no longer there, right beside my "available points" banner. And I could not advance any MR points (I used to be able to advance 65k) if I go over my available points. Anyone knows what's going on?

2. hopscotch1
    Original Member

hopscotch1 Silver Member

Status Points:

If you call in you can still get a points advance. Supposedly a software issue.

3. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just logged in and found the same thing... Tried to add something to the cart that was a bit over what I had and no go. Hopefully it's a software issue as hopscotch1 mentions, as I avoid calling anyone if possible, and I really much prefer the web for MR redemptions.

4. Jacob743

Jacob743 Active Member

Status Points:
    Definitely a software issued. I needed to redeem points for miles, and didn't have enough. I called and there happily advanced me the points that I was short.

5. Henry
    Original Member

Henry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you advance more points if you call with a negative point balance?

6. hopscotch1
    Original Member

hopscotch1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have done that exact thing. You can continue to go advance negative until you hit the limit 60,000 Plat / 15,000 Gold. Then you have to buy points at 2.5 cents per.

7. Henry
    Original Member

Henry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I may have to do this soon if CO keeps delaying the Mileathon miles.

8. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had to call in yesterday to get the advance/buy additional points and get them to do the transfer because they are still having software problems.

9. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would love to know if this is ever going to get fixed. I noticed this a month back and thought they had discontinued the points advance option.

Over a month long issue. I can't believe AMEX can't fix this issue.