No more EWR lounge (sort of)

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Canadi>n, Nov 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA has closed its United Club aka RCC in Pier 1 of A Terminal. This means AC fliers no longer have convenient lounge access. There is a UC in the next pier (2) but it will require doing security twice if you want to use it, and leaving enough time to get back airside to the Pier 1 gates. UA has also stopped its airside shuttle from Pier 1 which would have provided an airside link to Pier 2 and the lounge. AC now shares Pier 1 with SouthWest and JetBlue, so security lines are very slow given the inexperience of travellers on those airlines. Took me almost a half hour this morning at around 9:30/10a to get through. EWR is a pathetic excuse for an airport and to be avoided at all costs now, at least when flying AC. (It is also quite unlikely that AC will take over the abandoned UC lounge and turn it into a MLL.)

2. Golden Toque

Golden Toque Gold Member

Status Points:
    That sucks... Last time I was through there I was well entertained by the Sunday afternoon barmaid, and her well-made margaritas!

3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I originally posted about this a few weeks ago here. Will investigate the situation next week when I'm back in EWR again ... I don't do the mid-morning flights and until now security lines have been quite short for the evening flights -- certainly far shorter than for the UA flights from Terminal C.