No more elite access to 3rd party lounges flying economy

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Wandering Aramean, Jan 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too bad "Flyer Friendly" is already trademarked by UA.

Flyer1976, viguera, gaijin62 and 2 others like this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Crap. Pisa is on the list. I use that lounge a half dozen times a year. Canceling my access is a major devaluation for me.

4. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a lounge in Pisa? There's barely an airport in Pisa!

FetePerfection and MSYgirl like this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    hmm... if I buy my ticket through AZ or AF will I then still have access to the Pisa lounge, based on my skyteam E+ status?
    (since I have the DL Amex card, I'm not concerned about MQD's, just MQM's).
    Pisa is a wonderful airport. I assume you haven't been there in a while. It's doubled in size in the past 5 years, it's a smooth, easy airport to transit and it can handle wide bodies.
    I love the DL JFK-PSA route (operated with 767's).

4.5 million passengers in 2012, Pisa also is a base of operations for FedEx and DHL, so its a major cargo airport.

I put a review of the PSA lounge in the lounge wiki here on MP.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you are flying on AZ or AF then you get access based on their rules. I would expect that they will continue to provide access for STE+ pax even in Y. If you are flying out of PSA on DL metal and are seated in Y you should expect to not have access to the lounge.

7. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love the Pisa airport and have used it several times for an annual trip I make to Liguria. I particularly like the train station access from the terminal. I think the last time I in or out was three or four years ago. But I have no idea where they would put a lounge in the terminal -- at least as it was the last time I was there, when it was smaller than the Pisa Centrale train station.

Also, I liked the direct JFK-PSA flight, but that has either gone too seasonal, disappeared completely, or been prohibitively expensive the last few years.

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am based in Singapore and this unfortunately means I can no longer can visit the lounge prior to my flight from May onwards.

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Who is the best person to write at DL to complain about this?

10. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    if I understand it, only applies to third party lounge, access is still permitted in lounge of skyteam partner. For example:
    in Milan I have more lounge, one AirFrance and 3 "Club S.E.A" (view this link), then you may not access to "Club S.E.A", but I will be able to access to AirFrance lounge. Is correct?
    If yes, list of airports should be reviewed, more big airport (MUC,LHR, FRA...) have more lounge, and often at least one skyteam partner.
    If not... no comment :mad:
    OK, Pisa is an exception :(

11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    But if flying on DL metal that means you're on a non-Schengen flight and the SkyTeam partner operated lounges are in the Schengen zone so you will not have access to them physically, even if by policy you might be permitted entry. The net effect for passengers at most of these airports is no lounge access on a DL flight.

At LHR, for example, if flying on DL metal from T4 then a STE+ in Y gets access to the SkyTeam Lounge. If on DL metal from T3 then no lounge access. BKK has SkyTeam partner operated lounges but they are not open around the time of the DL BKK-NRT flight.

ffitalia and Gargoyle like this.
  12. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    iirc the AF lounge at MXP is in the Schengen zone, so for example, if you're connecteng to a nonschengen flight you would need to leave the lounge early enough to clear the security checkpoint (unless it has been closed since I was last at MXP). Result, a less relaxed, shorter lounge visit.

ffitalia likes this.
  13. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had not considered.... schengen/nonschengen zone.. sorry :confused:

Gargoyle likes this.
  14. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is a link to the new rules:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/e...gram/medallion-benefits/skyteam-benefits.html

Biz elite will continue to get access to DL clubs, ST clubs, and 3rd party clubs.

Y+ pax: DL clubs, ST clubs, not 3rd party clubs.

HOWEVER, always pull out your SC club if you have one, sometimes that will work or a Plat AMEX sometimes works too.

Finally, many of these clubs take PriorityPass.

Dave

15. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone travelling in Delta (Economy) flying out / through SIN been able access the lounge since May 1st?

I looked at the Skyteam website and it seems that as a SkyTeam Elite Plus (Delta Gold Medallion), I should have access the the following 3 lounges ?

https://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTeam/SkyTeam-Lounges/Lounge-Access-Policy/
    https://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyT...ounges-in-Singapore-Singapore-Changi-Airport/

upload_2014-7-25_13-34-8.png