No more "Book the Cook" for award tickets

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by BizflyerNorway, Dec 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BizflyerNorway

BizflyerNorway Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was surprised to see an answer a friend of mine got from Thai when trying to order "Book the cook" meal:

Anybody else heard about this? Cant find anything official anywhere else.

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    This would be very bad precedent to set by TG.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be an unfortunate development, but hardly precedent. There have been a number of examples in the past of airlines treating passengers differently based on how they got in to the premium cabin. UA used to not let upgrades use their arrivals lounges, QR doesn't give a comp transit hotel in DOH to award bookings and I'm pretty sure both VS and BA don't get limo service for awards.

But, yes, it would suck.

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting - if you use the thai pnr you can order special meal for first (online), although like most things on their website it doesn't alway work, nor are the "hidden" multi course meals available from bkk always shown.
    I have been able to order special meals my last few flights with calls to Thai - BUT even tho it turns out my meals was loaded on my last flight both the fa and purser told me it had NOT been - only found out b/c when I asked for my soup (which had been described as Tom Yum only when I had ordered a five course special) I recognized it as the soup from the multi - course meal, asked then was served another course, but still had to ask if there was a salad - which had not been offered :(

5. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    Car transfers are an extra cost - so this seems slightly more justifiable. And yes, BA F award tickets don't include any car transfers.

Meal pre-order doesn't seem like should be a significant difference however - it's not as if the non-preordered meals are that much cheaper. (In my last TG F experience, I found food perfectly reasonable not having pre-ordered.)

6. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was trying to find the menu choices for these meals online but couldn't. Assumed these appear when booking details are entered on the first screen. As I will be on an award ticket, suppose I will have to take what's on the main menu.

7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
  8. andrewutus

andrewutus Member

Status Points:
  9. greendx

greendx Gold Member

Status Points:
    traveltoomuch and iolaire like this.
  10. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to do it for an upcoming trip too.