No MileSavers award at 330 days ex-HNL?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYC_Gal, Feb 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NYC_Gal
    Original Member

NYC_Gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been monitoring Jan 2013's HNL awards at 330 days out. I can find business saver awards to HNL, but nothing from HNL or DFW or LAX or ORD in the entire month. Is this normal? Should I just give up or will they release more?

deant likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA has for some time now (going on 2 years?? ) has not be releasing Milesavaer awards exactly at the 330 day on many popular routes. The trend has been to release Anytime Awards first and Milesaver later.
    If one can pick up the pattern.. say spot the date of the last release ( say 320 days which was common for CDG when i last monitored it closely ) then one can quite often easily predict the day/date when new awards will be released.

deant likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Clearly they'll release something at some point. ;)

330/331 days is the earliest time at which awards become available. It's not, even remotely, the specific time awards are released. You'll just have to keep checking and eventually you'll be able to find something.

deant likes this.
  4. mmgm

mmgm Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are releasing FC HNL flights one day at a time. They are now up to Jan. 10
    The nonstops to LAX are behind the ones from OGG. Give it a few more days.

deant likes this.
  5. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with the other posts here. We've done Christmas travel to Hawai'i every year, and like seven straight seasons with American have never yet failed to get F-class Milesaaver seats. For December travel one starts 330 days out, meaning late January, but some years it has taken me until March to snag what I wanted. Though for 2012 I had everything booked and ticketed by the end of January. I can't say you'll get it, but history is certainly on your side and I would keep watching. Heck, it may even throw in a couple options via AS first-class Honolulu flights (SEA or SAN) as it did to me with options for 2012.

Sometimes the overland portion can even be the toughest. In 2010 they weren't releasing any ICT - DFW seats but onward to HNL was open so ended up booking via OKC and driving down there that Christmas. That was a weird one. Of course later on ICT - DFW opened up, but by that point not only were we booked, but HNL MilesAAver seats were gone.

Toula and deant like this.
  6. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    For what it's worth, I just checked for MilesAAver F flights out of Honolulu in January 2013. Did my checking at 9:15 a.m. CST today, Feb. 26. Flight 102 to DFW was available each day Jan. 7, 8, 9 and 10. Connections via LAX and/or ORD were available at least one day in that four-day span. If the travel you wish is later in January, I would just keep checking.

Toula likes this.