No miles during last month with United card?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Rus925, May 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rus925

Rus925 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been secure messaging Chase for a while about this, with no resolution: my 1,034 miles from my last United Select Visa statement which posted 10 April, after I cancelled the card, haven't yet posted. The secure messaging people seem to be completely oblivious; they told me that they called United, and United told them that everything they've received has been posting properly. Is it standard practice for Chase to stop giving miles for purchases that post on your statement after you've cancelled the card? (I made the purchases before I closed the card.) On my last statement, instead of saying "Total miles earned this statement," it says "Total miles unavailable for redemption," which is concerning... :mad: I just called today, and the CSR found the trouble ticket from the secure message center and forwarded it again to their marketing team.

2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have a similar problem, just need to find the time to get a Chase rep and a UA MP Customer Service rep on the line at the same time (conference call)

3. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always have a month of no activity when you cancel a card. Not only do you get your final points as of the statement date, but you can see a zero balance.

LETTERBOY and desamo like this.
  4. Rus925

Rus925 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got a letter from Chase saying I'm SOL: no miles will get transferred when your account is closed on the statement date. That's really upsetting, because the phone rep suggested that she could at least get the points over manually. Any suggestions if/how to follow up?