No lounge access in @ PPT for HA J/F pax :(

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by Max M, Jun 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I say J/F because the signing at PPT says First Class, but sometimes the employees referred to the premium cabin as First, other times as Business.

Nonetheless, for the once weekly PPT-HNL flight, HA Premium Cabin passengers are not allowed into the shared lounget at PPT. [​IMG]

All other airlines with International service to PPT that offer a premium cabin, allow access to the lounge. Even though Air New Zealand's PPT-AKL is a shorter flight, they still give their Premium Cabin passengers complimentary lounge access at PPT.

Timing isn't an issue as the Air Tahiti Nui flight(s) to LAX depart PPT around the same time that HA's PPT-HNL flight departs.

Hopefully in time, this policy will change.

2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm gonna guess it's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LETTERBOY and merice107 like this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It has been that way for as long as I can remember, which is ~ 8 years, so likely back as far as to when the service started. Hawaiian doesn't pay for access.

Now, it's not much of a lounge but it is (1) air conditioned and (2) a good place to view airport operations, such as they are. And they have some nice petit fours.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most things are about money, in one way or another.

5. twin123185

twin123185 Active Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. I like the lounge at PPT. It's all about AC, Rotui drinks and macarons. For the first time next year I am flying with Hawaiian instead of ATN. I was hoping I would be able to use the lounge. I will make sure I don't get to the airport too early.