No lotion at Hyatt House?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jul 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is that a brand standard? Just conditioner, shampoo and soap?

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seen it at every HH I've been to.

3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    They have had it at the Hyatt House's in Colorado that I've been to. Just call down and ask.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Was just a one night stay and I arrived at midnight and didn't notice it until the morning. Had a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms; neither had lotion. Usually I carry my own.

5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just curious - is a tiny bottle of hotel lotion really that important? If so, the front desk will likely bring it to your room upon receiving a call about it.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you have dry skin, it is useful. And maybe they would have brought me lotion (if they actually have it, but the fact that it wasn't in either bathroom makes me think it wasn't just an oversight), but calling the front desk and waiting for someone to deliver it when I am standing in the bathroom fresh out of the shower and trying to get ready for a work meeting isn't really what I want to do.

As I said, usually I have my own little lotion bottle (left-overs from stays at higher end properties) when I travel and stay at lower end properties such Best Western, HIX, non-chain, .... And conditioner for my wife. But for this one day trip I thought I wouldn't need it... I did bring my own toothpaste because I recalled some thread here about Hyatt removing the little toothpastes from the bathrooms of some of their brands.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I don't recall if lotion is a brand standard or not at HH. Toothpaste has been inconsistent since it was reintroduced. But, one thing Hyatt does well is deliver requests from their Hyatt Has It list by hanging them on your door knob with a discreet knock so you can retrieve at your convenience. Well, unless you request a humidifier. ;)

traveltoomuch likes this.
  8. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a recent Hyatt Place stay where there was no lotion in the room. The inconsistency is noteworthy.

9. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt Place is known to not offer lotion in the room, but they always have it at the desk. Given the competitive leek of the House, I doubt they would stick it in the room either.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I haven't stayed at a HP in several years; so they no longer stock the white ginger lotion in the rooms? Good to know.

11. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    The whole chain dumped white ginger a couple years ago. There is a replacement that matches the Kenet amenities but properties area inconsistent on whether it is included. I'll ask if it's a brand standard to be in the rooms.

12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I had heard that they discontinued the White Ginger stuff.

Newscience likes this.
  13. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    The official word from Hyatt is that lotion is not a brand standard for an in-room amenity at either HH or HP. Both chains have it available as a "Hyatt Has It" amenity that can be delivered to your room upon request.

14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My second ever HH stay. Same story, two room suite, two sets of bathroom amenities, but no lotion in either bathroom. This time I am prepared (I had some leftover in my ziplock bag from a recent Hyatt Place stay where it was part of the amenity set in the room).

Pretty sad that a $220 room doesn't get you a small tube of lotion. Every Holiday Inn Express seems to have it. Bet the Carlson Inn and Suites later in the week will have it.

15. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    While I don't frequently use the in-room lotion, it does seem a pretty cheap item to include that seems to fit the brand standard they're shooting for.

16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I always thought that the toothpaste of yesteryears was a nice distinguishing gesture for Hyatt properties.

Oh well, some companies save money by serving nut fragments, others take away lotion and toothpaste.

Pizzaman likes this.
  17. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I really liked the toothpaste as well. It was supposed to come back in a more forceful way than it has. Alas, I think it might be poor implementation at the property without an enforcement mechanism from corporate.

18. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lookie. Lookie. At Hyatt House Miami International Airport tonight. ImageUploadedByInsideFlyer1465179756.182696.jpg

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  19. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sure, just rub it in, Keith, rub it in! :)

kansaskeith likes this.
  20. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    This guy has some! forget HH, stay at his place. You'll never have to worry about lack of lotion again!
    upload_2016-6-9_10-44-56.png

misman likes this.