No longer able to rent cars with Delta miles?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by royce242, Feb 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

Status Points:
    About 6 months ago I was able to use my DELTA miles to rent a car for a week. I found this to be a convenient way to use my Delta miles when blackouts were all I could see when searching for a possible flight.

I just spent about 10 minutes on their site looking for that same offer, I can't seem to find it.

Did they do away with this possibility?

I also noticed that they redesigned their website and that the possibility to use miles to buy products is only available if you're a Delta cardholder. Are these all new changes?

Thanks in advance!

2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmmm, I don't know where you went to find that portion of the website, but I guess maybe their web redesign threw me off. I stand corrected. Thanks!

4. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will, say car rental with DL SM is one of the very few good value options available from the program.

5. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completely agree. I was surprised at how many days I got to rent a premium car for so little miles.

6. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    @OP do you have status with Delta or a Delta AMEX? If not I am not sure if you can access the Skymiles Marketplace

7. Tkey
    Original Member

Tkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Everyone can access the SM Marketplace. That was changed years ago; the rates are just horribly inflated for those without status.

Yes you can still rent cars in the marketplace. Just did this last week. And amazingly, I agree with RTS. Good use of miles, IMHO.

8. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    As of a year ago, it was restricted to GM/PM/DM and SkyMiles AmEx cardholders. Have they changed things back? I can't find any documentation of it reverting to being open to all SkyMiles members.