No invite needed new UA website working for all today...

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by js787, May 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. js787

js787 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...New web site is working this morning for anyone at:

beta.united.com

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    not really a fan. Looks like their mobile apps but the award pricing page is not that user friendly. need to click multiple pages to find availability

3. IMRU

IMRU Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the way the widgets move, that part is very clean. But when the credit card ad drops down over the nose of the plane, that really ruins the aesthetic.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    And it wouldn't let me search or book a flight tonight. Oops.

Capture.JPG

5. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ironically, the feedback widget is broken for me. Latest version of Firefox, and it won't select the "Overall Rating" so it won't submit. That's a third party UA just opens a window to, so not their fault, but still annoying.

6. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every time I have to interact with Opinion Labs code, I am reminded of how my life isn't quite as bad as I thought.

webdes03 likes this.
  7. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    My fault. Tried to book two separate flights on it today (next week and the week after) and it bombed out on me.
    Sorry.

Design is nice. Will take a few uses to train myself to work with it. Usability right now is a big goose egg. Can't complete transactions.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sold on the design yet. The tiles thing is OK and I understand why they have multiple columns for the fares like that. But so much fixed content means fewer flights show on the screen for any given search. I'm not a fan of that. There are a few other things which irk me but that's the biggest one.

9. COFreqFlyer
    Original Member

COFreqFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    You do, of course, realize that we're all going to be expecting you to update your greasemonkey script for the new site.... ;)

stephenbgarvan likes this.
  10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I do. Initial efforts have been less than fruitful. :(

11. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I started tinkering with some stuff and the structure has not gotten easier to deal with.

12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Just got the GPU button working tonight.

For the inventory my problem is that the page loads in two phases: First the static HTML and then a second call with the fares & inventory. I'm not sure how to trigger on that second load, much less find the text I want and highlight it. :oops:

13. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably put a listener for the load of the div and/or for the JSON response and do stuff afterward? Seems like it should work, though it is 4AM and I'm not sure what my name is or where I'm at.

14. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's everything I expected, on my first attempt BOMBED out. wouldn't take NRT or TYO to SIN.
    Now beta site is all that loads when I restart UAL. Had to back space @ 12 times to clear the redirect.
    ETA: Wiped browser history and rebooted.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  15. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I may be missing it, but I can't figure out how to search different cabins for different legs on one ticket. For example, on the current united.com I can search for a trip SFO-FCO business, FCO-LHR economy, followed by LHR-SFO first. Or, I can even do a "RT" but with the outbound in economy and the return in business. On the "new" united.com, I can search only in economy or only in business/first.

Searching "mixed" cabins within one ticket is extremely useful, for example, when I have a short flight within one ticket and I don't need for it to be in a premium cabin. Or, when I don't want to play the upgrade WL lottery, and I want to book for example, SFO-PHL in econ that has R space open now (and after booking I will simply apply an instrument to upgrade) and the return PHL-SFO in F because there isn't R space and I don't want to risk it never opening up.

It's not a solution to simply book all one way tickets in whatever cabin I want to build a virtual single trip, because it is exorbitant on international itins, at least between the US and Europe. It does work for itins within the US (for example, SFO-PHL econ one way + PHL-SFO F one way vs. a single RT ticket SFO-PHL E PHL-SFO F results in zero price differential) but SFO-FCO RT fares are equal to one-way fares. It's cheaper just to buy an all-business class ticket.

I hope that agents can still book different legs in different cabins within the same ticket. But if I lose my 1K or plat status, then I have to pay $25 because I talked to an agent. It's not a lot of money, but I think it's ridiculous to charge someone to talk to a person. And, sometimes I don't want to talk to someone or I'm in a noisy place and don't feel like shouting; I'd just rather do business online.

16. IMRU

IMRU Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, same for me. It's a bit embarrassing that they ask for feedback, but you can't send it. Been that way for about a month.