No Internet or TV

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by NYC_Gal, Sep 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYC_Gal
    Original Member

NYC_Gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am in Sheraton now and the hotel has no Internet or TV. They're working on it. But should I ask for compensation in points or something? It is inconvenient cause I have to leave hotel to get work done.

uggboy likes this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it's important to you, absolutely. Or even ask to get walked to another hotel that can meet your needs with the promised amenities. If they expect to have it resolved soon, would you want to get a free dinner while they finish?

It's up to you to tell them how important it is and how much it's worth to you. How many Starpoints would it take for you to feel satisfied? Is it a 1,000 Starpoint problem or a problem worthy of enough points for a free night?

uggboy and milchap like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was recently in a hotel that lost all power, apparently only in their building, for most of a very hot afternoon. It wasn't Starwood and the manager didn't even have the decency to apologize. Horrible!

uggboy likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think in that case I would have declared the hotel as unusable for my purposes and deducted a prorated amount from the final bill.

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting insights into experiences we wish to avoid, thanks for sharing on MP!:)