No Hyatt Gold Passport points for wine purchases at Hyatt restaurant while a guest

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Courcoison, Dec 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    Both the Gold Passport Desk and Consumer Affairs indicated this afternoon that wine purchases at Hyatt restaurants while a guest did not earn Gold Passport points.
    Up to now I was under the impression this was true only in locations were backward liquors laws were still in effect as I have received point in connection with such purchases in the past.
    I am confused, what is the policy ?

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  2. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    I see Mr.Jeff Zidell is active on "milepoint".
    May I have a response to my question ?
    Thank you.

uggboy likes this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Suggest you start a "conversation" with him. He may not read all the threads.

uggboy likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think there may be other Hyatt official reps on MP. I would contact them first.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    This has been done and will keep the community informed .

uggboy and Kaanapali like this.
  6. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the FAQ's, it appears that your impression was/is correct....
    http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-service/gp-terms-conditions.jsp?_requestid=392703
    5. Hyatt Gold Passport members may receive Hyatt Gold Passport points on Eligible Incidental Charges, even when paying Ineligible Rates. Five Hyatt Gold Passport points will be awarded for each whole U.S. dollar or U.S. dollar equivalent, paid by a member for Eligible Incidental Charges that are charged to the member's room. "Eligible Incidental Charges" vary on a hotel-by-hotel basis, but generally include food, beverage and lounge expenditures (except at outlets not operated by the hotel) and other charges such as laundry, dry cleaning and telephone. Hyatt Gold Passport points will not be awarded on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you. Hopefully we will get clarification from Hyatt Gold Passport about which jurisdictions do or do not allow points to be awarded on alcoholic beverages and in my case "wine"
    Location was the Hyatt at Union Square.

uggboy likes this.
  8. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    This is the response I received from Mr. Jeff Zidell:
    “…Hyatt Gold Passport eligibility on alcoholic beverages is based on local laws, so it varies from property to property…”.

I have asked for clarification since this reply really does not answer my question:
    I was staying at the Hyatt at Union Square in San Francisco and it does not appear the "local" laws you refer to apply within the City of San Francisco.
    Also both the Diamond Desk and Consumer affairs associates I talked to made a blanket statement about all Hyatt not crediting points with the in house purchases of liquors.
    Thank you for clarifying the matter further".

It would also help if a full list of Hyatt properties falling under those backward liquor laws was provided so nothing would be left to the imagination.

Happy Holidays.

9. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    I never received a straight answer as it relates to Hyatt properties falling under those "backward" liquor laws however the wine expense has since been credited to my Gold Passport account as it should have from the get go.

From NYC likes this.