No credit for BMI flight

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by Travelrus, Aug 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Travelrus

Travelrus Active Member

Status Points:
    Booked BMI for ADD-LHR. Codeshare with Ethiopian airlines. Boarding pass says Ethiopian airlines. Sent in boarding pass for credit and Aeroplan won't recognize it. Isn't it normal for boarding pass to be printed on the codeshare line, esp in Ethiopia? They won't accept my e-ticket printout from travel agent as proof. How can I get my miles? Thx.

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    what fare class did you travel in? If you were on ethiopian metal, it would be their fare class that determined BMI miles. Sometimes things get confused in trying to map fare codes from one carrier to next

3. KVS

KVS Z Representative

Status Points:
    This flight can only be credited to BD DC; it cannot be credited to AC AE or any other *A programme.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    oops...your exactly right....ethopian is not *A carrier.....

5. Travelrus

Travelrus Active Member

Status Points:
    I was in economy. Ticket not with me so don't know class. Travel agent booked it this time as it was a work thing.
    Not getting it - thought since I specifically booked BMI, miles should be credited to *A program (?)
    Sorry for being dense here...

6. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    bmi is part of *a yes, but they also have non alliance partners like ethiopia,qatar and virgin atlantic that you can redeem bmi mile for travel on. its like bmi has 2 alliances. star A and "their own" mini partnerships. if you flew on bmi metal you could credit to any *a program, but since rules state that the physical carrier determines miles earning ability, in this case since you flew technically on no *A "metal", the miles cant go to a *A account. in this case you could book only to bmi diamond club or to ethipian frequent flyer program (if they have one).

7. Travelrus

Travelrus Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for clarification. Now I get it!

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.