No Club Carlson in Malaysia?

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Thomask, May 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I checked the Club Carlson site, can it be true? Or is anyone else aware of any CLub Carlson Hotels in KUL?

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly, there's NO Club Carlson property in Malaysia. While they've many in Thailand, they've none as of now in Malaysia. Let's hope they will add some in the near future, KL is a wonderful city, which is growing. Many other chains offer hotels in KL from Hilton, IHG to Starwood.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    No Club Carlson in Hong Kong or Korea, either. 1 hotel in Japan (a Radisson close to NRT). They are not particularly strong in a good chunk of Asia.

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope they will targeting many Asian destinations in the future, they have expansion plans and I believe I've read somewhere that Asia is on their radar. Club Carlson is now very strong in India and Thailand, especially in BKK, they've just opened a newly built Radisson BLU there and it's getting already rave reviews on Tripadvisor. Overall, coverage throughout Asia for Club Carlson is lacking right now and I would wish they target gateway cities first and growing from there.

Thomask and flyingdawg like this.
  5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I wanted to take Club Carlson up on their Asia offer, but I guess not in KUL. I should be in KUL for a couple days and will most likely change Hotels every night

uggboy likes this.
  6. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    almost unbelievable. Thanks!

uggboy likes this.
  7. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you think it is unbelievable that CC has no footprint in Malaysia, Hong Kong & Korea - then how about this: Nothing in Singapore or Indonesia also!

8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    yup, awardmapper gives a good view of the Asian properties and points required to redeem a night...