NO Availbility in C on TK even 375 days out???

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by mrx900, Aug 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Im trying to find availability for LAX/ORD - IST for November 18th or around that time, and i cant find ANY availability in C for using my not so hard earned US miles.....Im using KVS to look it up........Am I doing something wrong or is this correct?

Im trying to do a IST stop-over en route to FRA.

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe too early? In the past in my experience (BMI), availability started showing up about 365-330 days out.

3. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    the biggest misconception about award travel seems to be that early planing is the best way to using your miles. this is a canard. Airlines release award seats when they feel like it so trying to book a year in advance doesnt work, but planning a flexible itinerary and trolling for inventory a year in advance watching day in and day out for seats to become available is what works, from my little experience.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think TK is tricky cuz first of all, they seem to be stingy with their award seats on this LAX-IST segment, and also not sure if KVS is plain wrong on this. I had an instance where KVS was wrong before...perhaps i'll also check with the ANA tool...

5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Several times I would call BMI daily asking for the same flight....it does pay to be persistent

6. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    for the past year i have been watching YYZ-BKK on Aeroplan website and TK came up a lot in biz YYZ-IST-BKK
    aeroplan is a pretty damn good search engine i think for *A availability

7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    You cannot use US AIrways miles more than 330 days out. 375 days out TK hasn't loaded schedules yet so you wouldn't even be able ot buy a ticket.

phonehome and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  8. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    How is November 375 days out? It's either 100 or 465... but it can't be 375.

Or do I live in some odd slightly parallel, but not completely, buffalo universe?

phonehome and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  9. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do your search from the major TK gateway cities in NAmerica to IST to identify any possible C award seats, i.e. LAX, ORD, YYZ etc. As noted, Aeroplan or CO (select award option on normal revenue booking, no class required) sites are the best to use. A problem with this date (if it is in 2011) is that it's a Friday, one of the heaviest revenue booking days for premium class seats.

10. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    thank you for your replies and suggestions...as MyTraveler noted, it is fair me to clarify I was searching for November 2011, and only stating that even 300+ days out, there is no C award showing for TK...

Also, my mistake ; I shouldve also searched for other gateway cities other than LAX and ORD. I just want to make sure I fly on the A340 with lie flat seats...

11. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You may be in a "quiet" period in terms of award seats being released since many "normal" people will book trips 30-90 days out. You may/should see inventory open up as the departure date approaches.

mrx900 likes this.
  12. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    The canard might be for premium cabin award travel but my nearly 2 decades of booking award travel in economy would state otherwise, booking early has always been better for us.

Mrs Sweet Willie is in education, so that means that we are trying to redeem awards for travel when many many other folks are trying to do the same. The only flexibility I have is really in our desitnation, not the dates. Personally I believe that is where many folks become jaded about FF miles, they have in mind one destination and when it isn't available decide FF miles are joke. We normally have 3-5 destinations in mind so that if a few of the destinations do not have saver awards, we'll decide on a different destination.

Toula, tahewett, kwai and 1 other person like this.
  13. Stealth Traveler
    Original Member

Stealth Traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try out of DCA/IAD as well...I can find some avail on the ana tool every once in a while. I haven't seen any yet from ORD.

14. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    Being a KVS Tool member there is absolutely no need (or point) in also "checking with the ANA Tool" ;).

15. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    BUSTED!!!! :cool:

16. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE: KVS now shows me availability from IAD......and some other cities....Im gonna play around with it now to see if I can find something coming back into anything other than ORD. I wasnt too impressed with customs in ORD.

17. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last month I found 2 seats JFK-IST in F (may TK F rest in peace) about 2 weeks prior to my flight. Based on that I'd say close in is the best bet ;)