Nice visit to JFK Flagship Lounge

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Aug 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had some time to visit the Flagship Lounge at JFK yesterday afternoon in between my incoming Barcelona flight (economy award ticket) and outgoing SFO flight (was bumped off the 3:30pm flight and moved onto the 6pm flight so two separate entries).

At 5pm the dinner options came out on-schedule and I selected some salad, potatoes and beef. There was also chicken and green beans and a whole platter of cheese. I had a Sam Adams to accompany my dinner:

[​IMG]

When I first entered around 1:30pm I had mini black and whites (I took two of the three that were out--I grew up on these in the larger size) and two cookies (might have been a cranberry chocolate chip--they were pretty good). Had a "pizza in a box" just before landing so didn't need a meal right then.

Once on my AA flight I was proactively recognized by two FA's as EXP and ordered a sandwich and soft drink for the long flight home (just under 6 hours). Had my card out but they were a step ahead of me.

Kalboz, sobore and zpaul like this.
  2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    the first class section of this lounge is even more impressive! Actually I think it is the best of the domestic lounges I have visited (including UA internal 1st at sfo)

zpaul likes this.
  3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be passing through JFK for the first time since 2002 (!) next month and I'm looking forward to checking out the club. My layover is 4:50pm - 10:10pm, so it sounds like I'll be in time for the dinner service. Thanks for the post!

flyforawg and John777 like this.
  4. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Flagship Lounge is the "first class section."

zpaul likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The LAX Flagship Lounge has the best food. JFK second. ORD food isn't as good. At least as far as the domestc flagship lounges go. LHR is a bit of a different animal to evaluate, there's good breakfast but the place gets hugely crowded since every AA EXP gets access, I guess they don't know they can use the nearby Galleries First lounge ;)

Gtitan and zpaul like this.