Nexus Card accepted for check-in and boarding with Air Canada

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tcook052, Oct 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/121022.html

If you’re a Nexus Card holder, you’ll be happy to know that your Nexus Card is now recognized as a valid travel document when you check in online or at one of our airport self-service kiosks for a flight between Canada and the United States.

Your Nexus Card is now also accepted when you provide your Advance Passenger Information (API) online before your flight.

We invite you to learn more about Nexus, and to take a few minutes to review document requirements for travel to all destinations.

2. Golden Toque

Golden Toque Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although they are just now saying it is valid id... I have used it ever since the darn thing first came out!

3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. Have had issues with UA and AA agents from time to time, but they relent when they the the US Gov't hologram. And of course, as more people become familiar with the card. The other day in the US I saw an actual Global Entry card...identical to the NEXUS save for having GE where we have N wording. (Anyone else notice the 2008 announcement sign next to the NEXUS/GE kiosks at YYZ advising new cards are being issued and should be received by members soon?)

Golden Toque likes this.
  4. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    not sure I will rely on this as my only form of international ID- it would suck to be stuck because I believed a website...

5. Golden Toque

Golden Toque Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your right... not the only form. But when you can use the one card for check-in, getting into the Nexus security lane, and then boarding with the rest of your wallet and passport tucked into your bag for safety, it makes for an easier trip through the airport.

6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of my colleagues used this for travel to/from the United States while his passport was not available as he was renewing a VISA. It works- not all agents know about it- but it does work in a pinch.

7. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The nuisance is having to pull the Nexus out of its sleeve for the security lane. But I suppose that's a small price to pay!

8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is OK, I think, as long as you're a US or Canadian citizen. Although if you have a US visa (TN-1 or similar) stamped in your passport, I'm not quite sure what the implications would be.