Newsstand- how to make it useful

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Jan 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Currently the newsstand is overwhelmed with blog links. I wanted to post about the Norwegian Air Shuttle order of 122 Boeing planes and 100 Airbusses, but there is no point putting it in newsstand- my post will get washed away by the tsunami of blog robo-posts.

The majority of those robo-posts only get between one and three page views, so they aren't contributing anything. Please move Boarding Area into its own forum and free up newsstand for us to post news stories.

2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with this suggestion. I think we can have a dedicated Newsstsand for current travel-related news articles and a Boarding Area Newsstand for bloggers.

tondoleo, catgirl, rwoman and 4 others like this.
  3. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    +2 (or 3). Could we got a "BLOG Post" forum where all of these threads go? (I'd also like to be able to remove them from my "What's New" view like the off-topic threads... but I don't like to ask too much.)

tondoleo, catgirl, rwoman and 3 others like this.
  4. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as we can get both, I agree. But I still like getting the blog updates, its often lead me to start reading something that I didn't read before.

tondoleo, rwoman, Gargoyle and 2 others like this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This was brought up before but never went anywhere. It does make sense to divide Newsstand into two sub-forums, Newsstand Bloggers and Newsstand General. There have been some interesting posts that the community missed as they tend to be 'washed away'.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently I have also noticed a lot of posts by bloggers that were nothing more than an advertisement for their own blog. Typically these threads have a potentially interesting title but to verify wheth it is indeed of interest, you must click through to the blog. Very annoying.

tondoleo and rwoman like this.
  7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    ++ :)

tondoleo likes this.
  8. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Like the idea. :)