Newspapers at Sheraton - Expect it or not?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Simon, Jul 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've had a great deal of trouble after being offered many times to be given a newspaper in the morning to my room by my local Sheraton but they never deliver. Normally they suggest it which makes it all the stranger as it's not my idea. I've even suggested just giving me a local language newspaper instead of English if that is easier but still nothing comes. Complaining about a benefit i'm not entitled to seems a but over the top but I have mentioned it a couple of times in passing and got a "sorry".

This may sound like a funny question but I realise this is not a SPG program benefit (to my knowledge) but when you stay at a Sheraton, do you expect a newspaper? Does it come in the morning?

2. They used to deliver a USA Today to my door but not any more. It really doesn't matter because at the FD, Club Lounge or Restaurant, they have free copies of the USA Today and Wall St Journal. They also have the USA Today's by the elevator on each floor so it's always easy to get one.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had Sheratons and Westins tell me that they no longer do the newspaper delivery, but on my last Sheraton stay, USAToday was delivered.