News: Turbulence injures crew on flight to Miami from Brazil

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Jan 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/22/2602814/turbulence-injures-flight-attendants.html

MLW20, sobore and jbcarioca like this.
  2. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    OMG!!! That's a commom route for me!!!

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Turbulence is always scary... Cobblestone Turbulence (known as Chop) isn't too bad it feels like you're driving on a brick road is the less severe but the Clear Air Turbulence that usually has a lot of dropping and climbing usually causes injuries the most.

Either way...sit back down and buckle up!!! Better safe than sorry!

4. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    :eek:
    Well I bet, she'll be wearing her seatbelt the next time the "Fasten Your Seatbelt" sign comes on!

5. Ronnie Hansen

Ronnie Hansen Active Member

Status Points:
    I would've passed out. Did that once during turbulence on a SDO-JFK. Not a superman. :confused:

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting to see multiple comments blaming the airline, as if turbulence is American's fault.

I don't want to sound heartless toward the passenger that was hurt in this, but every time I fly AA, without exception, I've heard the pilot make the inentional reccomendation over the PA eary on the flight for passengers to keep their seatbelts on regardless of whether the sign is on or not, and often the purser echoes this as well.

7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    agreed, from the article:
    “It was a lot of people screaming there was a lot of people crying,” Correa told CBS4. “There was a woman who was sitting a couple rows behind us; she got thrown up in the air and landed in the hallway.”

Eloy Fonseca Neto and LETTERBOY like this.
  8. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have heard similar announcements on nearly every commercial flight I have taken. Like you, I don't want to sound heartless, but if people would buckle their damn seat belts, they probably wouldn't have gotten hurt.

9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's not heartless to say that airlines should take all steps needed to keep passengers safe, and after that, passengers have the responsibility to pick up the ball and keep running with it.

Maybe I'm part of a small group, but I do actually keep my seat belt buckled unless I'm up to use the restroom. Heard way too many stories of passengers and FAs being tossed around the plane unexpectedly to risk it.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  10. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    As do I. I honestly cannot comprehend why anyone would do otherwise. Do these people not buckle their seat belts in cars? :rolleyes:

Skye1 likes this.
  11. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    And all the flights I've been on lately have "keep seat belt on when seated" stitched into the seat right in front of your eyes!

LETTERBOY and Skye1 like this.