News: Record days at MIA for American Airlines

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Jan 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/06/2577395/record-days-at-mia-for-american.html

zpaul, jbcarioca, _kurt and 1 other person like this.
  2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not surprising AA has concentrated their business in the very lucrative Central and South Americ traffic where they dominate and theire most profitable region
    Thats why I am amused by the continuous moaning one sees and predictions of doom regarding cuts to SFO, BOS and LAS :)

zpaul and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Miami is usually a zoo, and I dont like connecting there. but on Saturday, it was absolutely, positiviely the most ridiculous zoo i-ve ever seen there. the queues/lines for immigration began just a few feet from where you "left" the jetbridge and entered the building--seriously! you barely got off the plane and you-re already in lne for immigration. Then, another hour or two again waiting in baggage claim. The baggage claim area was so piled with luggage everywhere one could barely walk anywhere. I had a 3 hour layover in MIA, doing LHR-MIA-SCL, and spent the entire three hours in queues/lines and would have missed my onward flight were it not for the inbound aircraft arriving an hour late. Apparently, much of this was due to a strike by Iberia pilots....

jbcarioca and sobore like this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yesterday I spent 15 minutes in the Elite line for security after spending more than a half hour to check in for international business class. That was followed with a total madhouse in the horribly overloaded D15 AAdmirals Club and more than a three-hopur flight delay with almost no announcements. That is certainly Latin America style overload! Among the hordes of brazilians in the checkin lines, all of us had lots of bags each of which appeared to be right at the 32kg limit, and three of them for each Premium passenger.

It is fairly gruesome as a passenger, but it certainly is good news for the South Florida economy! As we were buying our way through Mimai the previous day many people around us were also madly buying things to bring home to Brazil.:p

AA;s only problem here is too little capacity in the airport and the aircraft, especially for all our luggage!

We are trying single-handedly to get them out of Bankruptcy.:eek:

zpaul likes this.
  6. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even if D15 is closer to my departure gate, I make the trek to D30. I can't seem to get on the AAngels' good side in that club, but in D30 it's all smiles and welcomes. Still a dearth of good seating at peak hours, but I do prefer it to the other.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I too prefer the larger D30 club. Actually there aways seem to be available seating if you walk past the the two larger rooms opposite the bar, turn left past towards the restrooms and turn right again ( this is the area that you can actually see on pax activity in the concourse and in the general direction of D50) There are some smaller cubicles is always fairly quiet .. not sure if its a no cell zone.. but I always manage to find seating there.

zpaul and jbcarioca like this.