NEWS: AA - US Reservation System Merger begins in July takes 90 days

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kevindavis338, May 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. kevindavis338

kevindavis338 Active Member

Status Points:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...512-story.html (registration required)

Different from the previous two mega-mergers, especially UA/CO. Interesting they will do the switch over a long period of 90 days rather than overnight as DL/NW did. The small remainder of US flights will still merge overnight, but will only be four per cent of all AAL reservations. It helps some of the older US employees still remember their version of Sabre. So far, I'd say the merger had been operationally smooth and employee morale is pretty high, the botched new F class meals aside. If this goes well, Parker will be eating Smisek's lunch everyday for years to come.

2. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Operations seem to be falling behind. Not sure if it's weather or what, but some of the baggage delays and so forth have increased exponentially.

3. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    With Maya running the show, my confidence is high it will be the smoothest one of the mergers yet.

kevindavis338 likes this.
  4. kevindavis338

kevindavis338 Active Member

Status Points:
    From what I have seen from past mergers, this seems to be the smoothest one.. Even smoother than American West - US Air meger and the United - Continental merger..