Newport Beach | December 4-6, 2015 [advanced]

Discussion in 'Newport Beach | December 4-6, 2015 [advanced]' started by rehoult, Jul 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. rehoult
    Original Member

rehoult Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are happy to be coming back to the West coast for another FTU Advanced. This time, we'll be at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach hotel in Orange County on December 4-6, 2015.

Over two days, our experts will share their extensive knowledge of how to earn, book, and travel like a pro on both revenue and reward tickets.

FTU Advanced features a small-group setting, allowing our experts to go far beyond the basics, and Q&A sessions with each speaker will give all participants an opportunity to engage at a high level to discuss complex issues and address your most difficult questions.

Topics will include the following general areas:

— Award Booking on American Airlines
    — Award Booking on United Airlines
    — Award Booking on Other Airlines (Delta, Alaska, Avios, etc.)
    — Using KVS Tool & Expert Flyer to Search for Fares and Availability (fare construction)
    — Maximize your spending (beyond Bluebird)
    — Maximizing Hotel Loyalty Programs and Promotions
    — Visas, OTAs, Car Rentals, ATMs, and More Tips for International Travel
    — Advanced booking techniques for revenue tickets

Confirmed speakers include:

– Matthew Klint (Live and Let’s Fly)
    – Stefan Krasowski (Rapid Travel Chai)
    – Tahsir Ahsan (Bengali Miles Guru)
    – Greg Davis-Kean (Frequent Miler)
    – Omar Zaman (Travel Summary)

What’s included?

Your ticket gives you access to all sessions and social events, including a 90 minute open bar cocktail reception on Friday night, and a three-course lunch on both Saturday and Sunday.

All attendees will have internet access in the conference rooms and we encourage you to bring your laptop or tablet along.

Where?

Our host for this weekend is the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach. We have negotiated a group rate at the hotel of $179 per night for single/double occupancy. This rate includes: a free buffet breakfast, free self-parking, and a reduced resort fee at $10/night. To book your room, click HERE.

How do I get a ticket?

There are a limited number of tickets available for public sale at price of $249, which you can purchase though the registration form at: https://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-advanced-newport-beach/

Can I transfer/refund my ticket?

We recognize that sometimes life interferes with even the best travel plans. Although registration is nonrefundable, if you are unable to attend this event for any reason, your registration can be transferred to another individual no later than 4 days prior to the start of the event for a $25 fee.

TICKET TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS

Tickets are transferable to another individual up until 4 days prior to the event. Tickets are not transferable between FTU events.

If you can't go and sell your ticket to someone please follow this procedure:

You are responsible for selling your ticket in a safe way, collecting the money etc. When this is done, please contact Melinda via email ONLY, no PMs accepted.melinda@ftef.net.

Send her:

1. The full name exactly as it appears on your ticket and the registration ID # found on the ticket.
    2. The full name of the person taking over your ticket and their email address.

She'll collect payment for the transfer fee ($25), reissue the ticket in the new attendee's name and send to you to forward on to the new attendee as we require names to match ID during check-in.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. lanac

lanac Active Member

Status Points:
    If anyone needs a ticket, I won't be able to make it and would love to transfer to you! PM me please

3. alanro

alanro Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone. Due to a pending birth in the family, I will be staying close to home in December. I'd be happy to transfer my ticket to you, and will gladly pay the transfer fee myself. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Whoever wrote the featured article on this event that's currently "advertised" on the homepage (and also just to the right of this post under "latest articles") forgot the most important information : THE DATES. I had to click through to the registration link in the article to find the dates. Very annoying.

alfagirl and iolaire like this.
  5. asmasha

asmasha Member

Status Points:
    I have 1 ticket available for sale! Please PM if you're interested:D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  6. Gladyser1

Gladyser1 New Member

Status Points:
    I have 2 tickets to FTU in Newport Beach available for $25 discount each. Let me know if interested. Due to a illness in our family, it would be difficult for us to attend

7. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have ticket to get rid of if anyone is interested

8. lanac

lanac Active Member

Status Points:
    Will sell ticket for cheap, please PM me for more info!!

9. StartInSanDiego

StartInSanDiego Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think today is the last day to transfer a ticket over. I need a ticket if anybody has one. PM me details. Otherwise, will be buying later today.

10. shiftyninja

shiftyninja Member

Status Points:
    Anyone looking to share the costs of a room? It'll be me and my lady friend to share a room with. Hopefully get two queen beds or something.

11. patmike

patmike Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a ticket available as well. PM me if interested.