Newly PM, when do I get my packet?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jomolungma, Jul 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jomolungma

jomolungma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there,

I just made PM and was wondering when I would receive my PM packet from Delta. I actually made PM on July 8 and haven't received anything yet. Not having the packet doesn't affect how Delta treats me, of course, but I was just wondering if Delta waits until the end of the calendar year or sends it out right away. Also, I think I will probably hit DM later this year. Will I get to pick a PM AND a DM gift selection this year if I make it to DM?

Thanks!

2. booyaa
    Original Member

booyaa Silver Member

Status Points:
    1) I believe they send it out "shortly" after, in other words, they don't wait till the end of program year in Feb but they have also been known to take their sweet time in getting packets out. I think I was once told it may take up to 30 days or something, not sure. If you are eager for yours (I know I was) and it hasn't come in another week or so, try tweeting to @DeltaAssist and they can check up on it or resend one. I had to do that once.

2) Yes I believe so, so you'll get one choice benefit when you hit PM, then two more when you hit DM. You should also get choice benefits for 2012 and 2013(?) since this is your first year. So if you only reach PM, you get one gift each for 2012 and 2013, and if you reach DM, you get one gift for 2012 for PM, two gifts for 2012 for DM, and two gifts for 2013 for DM. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

sobore likes this.
  3. jomolungma

jomolungma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh boy, thanks for the info! @DeltaAssist and I are practically on a first name basis, so I'll mention this in a week or so if I don't see anything sooner.

4. booyaa
    Original Member

booyaa Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was double checking my work here and found this in T&C section
    I was not aware of the first point.

I'm not sure if the bolding [mine] in second point contradicts what I said earlier in terms of what you'll get for 2012 and 2013? Now I'm confused. I was certain when I qualified first time for PM two years ago I had two Choice Benefits to choose from, one for the then-current year and one for the following year.

5. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Patience is a virtue.

6. jomolungma

jomolungma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, the only real reason I was wondering is because I didn't know how the process for selecting your choice benefits worked. While surfing the Delta website yesterday, however, I accidentally came across the election screen and was able to select my benefit, so it all worked out in the end. I don't recall whether it indicated I'd be able to select additional benefits when the 2013 period opens, but I'm fine if I can't. I'm just trying to get enough miles to send my family to europe in style, and I'm already there. The rest is gravy to me :)

7. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully you didn't blindly choose the SWU's!!!

8. jomolungma

jomolungma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ha! No, I chose the miles. I hardly ever fly when it's not on business, so SWUs right now don't really do it for me. Like I said, I'm working on building miles to take my family on a nice vacation, as a reward of sorts for me being gone half the time, so the miles fit my needs.

9. jamestown04

jamestown04 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the best choice for Plat choice benefits? As I did blindly choose the SWU's....big mistake!

10. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    SWU's are not the worst thing if you go into them eyes wide open. They can be used domestically a lot easier than internationally and if used domestically can have a lot of benefits. Most of the time, the $ is the better deal.

mattsteg likes this.
  11. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or the miles, if you value them at least a penny a piece, or the status, if you have an so who flies moderately on Saturday mornings.

I think you can at least make a highly conditional argument for most of the choices.

USAF_Pride likes this.