Newbie's Perspective

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by diegoexposito, Sep 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. diegoexposito

diegoexposito New Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys! I'm 18 years old and my eyes have finally been open to the hidden gems that are all around us in airfare. My older brother is a veteran when it comes to this stuff but I've always thought it too complicated to understand until he showed me a simple trick. I just moved to Boston and I'm attending BU, but I have a girlfriend in my hometown of Miami that I desperately want to see but cannot cause of airline ticket costs. So this thread is basically for the heavyweights to help a newcomer out. I fly JetBlue and I opened up a TrueBlue account and a TrueBlue credit card. Anything will help since I'm totally lost. Thank you in advance!

Mapsmith likes this.
  2. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    you should open AA credit card and join aadvantage miles but fly with jetblue but you need to fly into/out of w palm bch instead of mia, the advantage is AA miles can be used for intl flight later if you want to travel intl but true blue is only US so it gives you the flexibility to use your miles and still flying jetblue. AA miles can be used for Cathay to Asia and British airways to Europe and Qatar to middle east. check it out.
    my 2cents.

3. neal2222

neal2222 New Member

Status Points:
    I use AA ffm for all one way intl trsvel. I return by transatlamtic crise.