Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by sepej3, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hello all - I've been lurking for about a month and just joined MP. I tried to read up as much as I could on multiple sites but I cant find the answer to a question.

I'll be heading to Seattle in April or so. I travel with different friends here and there for leisure, havent gotten too serious about the MRs yet but I am sure I will eventually.

My question is if I book a Hyatt through a 3rd party and not through gold passport, will I still get a "stay" or "points"? My friend gets a great travel agent discount at the Hyatts and its about 60 bucks cheaper than the listed price on gold passport, so for 2 nights will be saving over $100.

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    sepej3 likes this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP. Unfortunately I have bad news. According to the Hyatt web page you would not earn points or stay credit. From the FAQ page:

5. To receive Hyatt Gold Passport points or miles for a stay, I must pay an "Eligible Rate." What is an Eligible Rate?
    An Eligible Rate is any hotel published room rate worldwide except: Internet wholesale rates (including priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), airline employee, travel agent/industry discount, inter-company or Hyatt employee discount, permanent contract/hotel contract room rates and tour packages.

4. Ahh bummer. Thanks!

Since I probably wont stay at a hyatt for more that 5 stays anyway, I think I will just go for the discount unless something crazy happens from now until when I book on gold passport!

Thanks for the speedy response!

5. mriguy35

mriguy35 Member

Status Points:
    Hello All :) New here. Was wondering how to get the Airline and Hotel Logos for my signature. Thanks in advance!

chrislacey and deant like this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points: