Newbie question: Managing CX flight, booked with AA miles

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by TravelMusing, Nov 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi, guys.

I'm sure someone will have answers to this question. I have managed to log onto the "Manage My Booking" on CX website, using my name, and the CX locator.

However, when I want to make any meal requests, enter any information, the website asks for verification via my e-ticket number.

When I input the last 10 numbers of the e-ticket number found on my AA issued ticket, CX does not recognize it.

Is there anyway I can figure out what my e-ticket number with CX is, without having to call into AA?

I tried calling this morning, and it was a long wait (I am assuming they are inundated with calls due to the annoucement).

And when I called CX hotline in Canada... the lady was very kurt and not very friendly, and I wanted to end the call before I feel extremely irritated. She said I should be able to make my requests when I check in on Friday. :oops: I prefer to make my arrangements in advance though.

Anhow, hoping I can find the answer here, so I can make my requests online.

Thanks!

Mangy likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The CX website recognizes CX ticket numbers only. You have an AA ticket number. The CX site won't recognize that. Just ring up CX again. You certainly don't want to request special meals at check-in!

TravelMusing likes this.
  3. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, gleff. I am going to do just that.

4. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can call AA and get the CX record locator, I have done that in order to select seats and check in on CX's website