Newbie Question - Bucket Availability in ExpertFlyer

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by IPBrian, Jul 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone...this question will point out my newness to Expertflyer, but I was doing a search for RT flights from SGF/ORD Oct 28/Oct 30. I see on expert flyer the following Available Classes on AA...

Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 W7 V7 G7 S7 N7 Q7 O7

When I go to available fares, the Q and O fares don't show up (they are also missing from AA.com searches). The first fare class seems to be N at almost $500 (over $0.50/mile). What am I missing here...shouldn't hte O and Q fares be available for sale? Do they require a married segment (if so how do I see this)? How do I get the deeper discounted tickets?

I was hoping to get to attend the October FF Seminar in Chicago!

Thanks for the help!

2. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    There are no published Q/O fares for the route/date you specified. Having a fare class assigned to a flight isn't enough, there needs to be a published fare tariff in the fare class as well, which isn’t always the case. A full guide to the relationship of availability classes to published fares can be found in our EduGuide here: http://www.expertflyer.com/edu-guide.pdf

3. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    In other words, when all else fails, read the directions! LOL...I am terrible at that. Not sure how I missed the edu-guide...thanks ExpertFlyer for point it out!

4. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points: