Newbie planning Euro trip in February 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by adrenb3, Dec 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi All!

Just a little background I have been reading blogs, Flyer Talk, and Milepoint for the past couple months and have begun pulling in points. My other half is moving back to England in a couple weeks for work and I wanted to find an affordable way to visit him as much as possible and travel the world while I'm at it.

I have signed up for a good amount of frequent flyer and dining programs and have received the following cards:
    *Citi AA Amex- 50k pt offer
    *Citi AA Visa- 50k pt offer
    *Chase Sapphire Preferred- 50k pt offer
    *HHonors Surpass Amex-60k pt offer
    *SPG Amex- 30k pt offer
    I will probably only have 105,000 AA points and 40,000 Hilton Honors points by the time of my trip as I am just finishing the spend requirements on the first two Citi cards.

So the plan is to do 2/3 days each in London, Paris and the bf's hometown and then spend about 9 days in Italy. Thinking about doing Southern Italy since it will be February so Rome>Naples>Amali Coast.

Has anyone done a trip similar to this or have any advice going forward for booking travel? Trying to decide which cities to fly into/out of (I am based in Houston)? Any hotel advice using points in Paris or Italy? I am *hoping* that my points from the AA cards post in time to book this trip for February, I know I am cutting it close but is this still feasible?

Thanks for any advice!