Newbie Intro

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by japamela, Sep 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. japamela

japamela Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I just joined the forums a few days ago and have applied for my first mileage credit card! I'm very excited to get started. I work as a meeting planner in the Washington, DC area and have done that for about 3 years. Prior to that I was working in Japan as a teacher. Until my most recent planner job, I never got any of the planner perks or travel often associated with my job. So now that I will be traveling a few times a year and want to go back to Japan for my brother-in-laws wedding next year, I thought now was a good time to start. I am also now studying to take my CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) in the coming year.

I was lucky enough to win a free registration to FTU happening in Tampa next week and am super stoked about it. I paired it with a site visit and got a great room rate at a nearby hotel. However, I have no miles built up and was wondering if anyone would be willing to donate some miles to fly me down??? I really want to go and learn, but I'm new and really don't have much for money (thus why I'm getting into the mileage game). PM me if you are willing to help this newbie out! Sorry to beg, I'm just trying to think of other options so I can still take advantage of this great program.

Other things about me, I've been vegan for 6 years. We rescued an Olde English Bulldog last year and I volunteer with the animal rescue.

Thanks! And I look forward to getting involved in the Forum.

Nice to meet you all!

Pamela