Newbie in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by RonK973, Oct 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RonK973

RonK973 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm an AA Gold and need 140K miles to reach Platinum.....Looking for recommendations on low CPM flights to "anywhere and back". Any suggestions?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi RonK973, welcome to MP. :)

I'm assuming you mean you need 140K miles to get lifetime Platinum status, correct? If you're going for the PLT level why not wait to get those 140K until after Dec 1st? You'll get eVIPs which are much better than what is currently offered for achieving lifetime PLT.

Are you already loaded up with AA credit cards? If not, applying for one or two of those might lessen the required mileage load a bit, but again, that Dec 1 cut off date is looming.

I saw some good deals going from LAX to PVG recently, but I haven't looked in the last 3/4 weeks to see if they were still priced under $900. Most of the routes went through ORD, so you're adding a bit to the earning there.

You might find our AA forum interesting: LINK.

We don't post low CPM flights there, but lots of AA related discussion going on. Our low CPM flights are posted here: LINK, but they are for all airlines, not just AA.

Good luck!

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    RonK973,

It's only 50k miles for AA Plat...not sure how you need 140k. :) Can you ad some details....especially which airports you'd be flying out of!

Welcome to MP!
    :)

RonK973 and cennas like this.
  4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP RonK973

RonK973, lwkatya and rwoman like this.
  5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint. You will find plenty of good information on these boards.

RonK973, rwoman and cennas like this.
  6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP RonK973!

AA Platinum requires either 50k miles, 50k elite qualifying points, or 60 segments so I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you're looking to get to lifetime platinum and you plan on getting there by flying then you can still do that after the switch to the new AA lifetime program.

rwoman likes this.
  7. RonK973

RonK973 Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes - going for Lifetime PLT. Have been using an AA Credit card for a long time. It will be next year before I reach the 2MM point. Thanks for the adivice.

8. RonK973

RonK973 Active Member

Status Points:
    I have been building miles for many years, primarily using my AA Credit Card. I am now at a point in my life where I have some freedom to fly and am looking for flights with good CPM on AA with the goal of achieving my 2MM sometime after the new year.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well I'm not sure if you noticed, but after Dec 1 only flying miles will count. If you have the new AA World Elite card you can still earn lifetime miles through your credit card. If you have the normal AA credit card, your LT mile earning stops in Dec.

RonK973 and JohnDeere19 like this.
  10. RonK973

RonK973 Active Member

Status Points:
    When I fly it is usually out of EWR but I can get to JFK. I need 140K miles to reach the 2MM mark. I earn most of my miles using my AA Credit Card.
    Thanks

rwoman and JohnDeere19 like this.
  11. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lifetime platinum get 4 evips now or after the Dec 1 deadline.

RonK973 likes this.
  12. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    True, my mistake. Was confusing it with GLD.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  13. RonK973

RonK973 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for this information - I was not aware of the new credit card requirement.....I've applied for my World Elite and expect to have it in time....having the new card will get me over the 2MM mark during the next calendar year. I'm also going to look for ways to build miles flying.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  14. RonK973

RonK973 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you all again for the great advice....just became LP! Will now get serious about doing more flying....like the 100% bonus :). I have been following MP pretty much every day and will now have to decide if going for EXP is the right path for me.

rwoman likes this.