Newbie here - Introduction

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ranman1973, Mar 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ranman1973

ranman1973 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I am new to MP. I guess we all are ;-) but I wanted to introduce myself to the community. I live in Canada but pretty much all my travel is in (or via) the United States. Living in Victoria BC, the city is serviced by United (to SFO), Alaska/Horizon (to SEA), Air Canada (to YVR) and Westjet.

I am a bit of a Priceline and Hotwire expert as I run a Priceline/Hotwire help website. (Mods: don't worry, I won't plug my personal site here unless relevant or helpful to the topic).

Most of my travel is work related but I tend to get away for a handful of personal trips a year. Typically, 1 Vegas trip, one trip to a sunny destination to get away from the constant cloud coverage and rain we enjoy in the Pacific Northwest, and a few other trips here and there when the opportunity presents itself.

My mother-in-law just phoned me to tell me the best flight deals come out Tuesday afternoons at 3pm Eastern. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to milepoint!
    Historically that used to be the case, I suspect they mix it up more now. Can anyone confirm?

3. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP, ranman1973!
    I am sorry I cannot add anymore to your question than Gargoyle already did, but I thought I'd say welcome anyways.

I feel your pain about the constant cloud coverage; we have the same here in Copenhagen, Denmark.

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    welcome. love to have some experts in for Priceline/Hotwire and know you'll be valuable to the community. Cheers.

5. flying-gal
    Original Member

flying-gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    ranman1973, a big welcome to this great site.

Vegas deals from YVR are always welcome. [​IMG]

6. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome aboard from a Seattleite. Vancouver, is my other most favorite city in the whole wide world along with Seattle. We visit several times a year, either departing to or returning from cruises, and on our way to and from Whistler.

Have fun, learn lots, and book tons of amazing free trips. :)

7. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome, looking forward to your input on Priceline and Hotwire.

You may have come across this, but if you are into sunny destinations and can travel at the end of April, AC has a nice deal to Honolulu for $380 a/i.