New York Man Claims He Was Removed From Flight for Cursing

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jun 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/13/new-york-man-claims-was-removed-from-flight-for-cursing/

A New York man claims he was removed from a flight at Detroit's Metropolitan Airport after being overheard cursing by a flight attendant while the plane waited to depart.
    Robert Sayegh told The Detroit News that he had a layover Sunday afternoon at the airport in Romulus after attending a cousin's wedding in the Kansas City, Mo., area on Saturday. He says he used the F-word twice after the plane had been at the gate waiting to depart for 45 minutes, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.
    "This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever been through in my life," said Sayegh, a 37-year-old TV producer and children's book author from Brooklyn.
    Sayegh said his remark was about why it was taking so long to close the plane's overhead compartments. Atlantic Southeast Airlines Flight 5136 to Newark, N.J., eventually left the gate but Sayegh said it returned to the terminal and he was removed.
    A spokeswoman for Atlantic Southeast Airlines Inc. said the airline was investigating the incident. Disorderly, abusive or violent passengers can be removed at any time, per airline policy.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/13/new-york-man-claims-was-removed-from-flight-for-cursing/#ixzz1PFRiRGeP

2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good, If he is a Children's Book Author, he probably should know that the F-Bomb should not be used in mixed company.

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    LOL. I had the same thought.:) What kind of childrens books does he write? Little Red Riding Whore? :D

4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although he has written one children's book, I'd say he's more of a freelancer based on his bio. He's currently working on something called "Ice loves Coco" on E! (no doubt yet another "real life" view into the lives of B-list at best "celebs"). That having been said, I'm sure his claim that he wasn't being disruptive is just a tad bit biased. I'd wager that others found him disruptive, even if he himself did not.

5. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I was on that plane, I think I would have much preferred a staff member talk to him and put him in his place before making a planeload of passengers return to the terminal! But, of course, I wasn't there.

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    The passenger was told he was removed for being disruptive. He claims he was never disruptive.

Maybe Southwest overreacted a bit, but isn't it odd how the a-holes always think they're doing nothing wrong? Clearly he bothered someone if they even considered taking the plane back tot he gate.

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen the commercials for "Ice Loves Coco" -- it's indeed another one of those "reality" TV shows, with Ice being Ice T (former pimp / rapper and current Law & Order star) and his wife Coco (who you shouldn't Google if you're at work :) ).

Definitely sounds like he could have been disruptive, but at the end of the day we all have potential for it. New Yorkers just have shorter fuses and are significantly less prude, so maybe he didn't think it was a big deal when he was talking about that time when he (BEEP) lubed-up (BEEP) toothpaste in his (BEEP) while you (BEEP) on a cherry (BEEP) Episcopalian (BEEP) extension cord (BEEP) wetness (BEEP) with a parking ticket.

:)

gobluetwo likes this.
  8. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA), not Southwest.

Dare I talk about "O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!" and the First Amendment?

9. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, that's what I get for not reading closely.

10. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe he didn't realize he was being disruptive....I mean he said himself that he's from Brooklyn...perhaps he was living up to the stereotype? BTW, I've found many in NY who DO NOT fit that stereotype...but there's always one....;)

11. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's the one who fits the stereotype who makes it more entertaining. Like when I visited LA and saw one woman, with high heels, boob job, chihuahua in the purse, carrying a handle of vodka to her red convertible parked diagonally across three spaces. It was amazing. Sadly, I did not get my phone out in time for a picture.

12. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    He was live on Michael Smerconish Radio today. The book is titled something like "Secret of the lives of mirrors."
    Seemed like just the type of person who would produce dreck like Ice loves Coco. Seemed full of himself.