New York City - The Plaza

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by servus, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yesterday I showed you how to stay at the Astor on the Park, right on Central Park for just a few bucks. Today, another hotel, just down the street... The Plaza. There's not much to be said about The Plaza. Everybody knows this landmark, Conrad Hilton bought in his early years [too bad it's no HHonors property anymore]... However, one night at The Plaza can cost you easily $500. So, this post is not about how to get the most for your $ but how to save a few $. You probably have heard about the Fairmont Family & Friends Rate [there should be a seperate thread about this promo in the Fairmont forum]. No matter what you'll hear or read about this promo beeing on / off / off / on... it's alive and for real. Just follow theses easy steps:

Go to http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=537367313
    Send a friend request to Timothy
    Within 24 hrs you'll be added to his friends
    Go back on Facebook to visit Timothy's site
    Click on the link: LuckyU
    Request a quote for your desired hotel and dates
    Ahmed will post a reply within a few hours
    If the rate is available, send Ahmed all required information and you're done.

Usually you'll get a rate for around $329 per night. Please bear in mind, that the Family & Friends rate can be obtained only 90 days out and works for all Fairmont properties.

techguru likes this.
  2. SocialAdept
    Original Member

SocialAdept Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's something like 200 Timothy Tong on Facebook. Any additional way to reach the right one?

servus likes this.
  3. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry about that! Forgot that FB has one or two members more than MP [​IMG] Changed my first post.

4. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I stayed at the plaza a couple years ago when the NFAF was active. It was sub 225$ at the time, not sure the F&F price now. I wouldn't stay there again at that price, let alone any newer higher F&F. The plaza has totally jumped the shark IMHO

5. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your post. Don't think this deal will work for me; but The Plaza is on my bucketlist ... so thanks.[​IMG]

6. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at the Plaza last March on anniversary trip with my wife on a FF&F rate. It was around $275 a night. I believe the rate will vary based on the season and what the standard rates are going for at that time. We had a great exerience and my wife really loved the place.

7. swisshera
    Original Member

swisshera Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have not get a chance to stay at the Plaza (since I actually live a few blocks from it), but if you guys are staying, definitely check out the "The Oak Room" in the hotel for a dinner.

2soonold likes this.